Employment Type: Full-Time
Minimum Starting Rate: $15.00 per hour
Schedule: Mon & Tue 10:30pm-1:30am, Wed-Sat 10:30pm-2:30am
Primary responsibility of a House Monitor is to help provide an environment that is safe and secure for Consumers while residing at the master-leased homes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assigns household chores to residents.
* Monitors that residents are maintaining their living quarters at a reasonably safe and clean standard.
* Ensures residents maintain common areas clean (kitchen and living room).
* Monitors that residents are following house rules including curfew hours.
* Observes and reports any unusual behaviors or potential areas of conflicts between residents and reports this to the Supervisor.
* Monitors the proper functioning of appliances and other equipment in the home.
* Observes any unusual activities that may pose a safety or nuisance issue for the residents and the neighbors such as a loud radio or television and reports this to the Supervisor.
* Monitors activities to assure the home is maintained adequately for the comfort, use and privacy of all residents.
* Notifies Supervisor of Housing Services of all household repairs, assists in scheduling appointments and provides on-site monitoring of repair/handyman persons.
* Maintains inventory of all household supplies (i.e. cleaning supplies, cooking utensils, furniture, household keys etc.)
* Prepares bedrooms for all new residents entering into Homes (i.e. clean linens, dresser drawers, bedroom cleanliness etc.)
* Welcomes and introduces new tenants to all existing residents.
* Oversees tenant activities and responds to questions and concerns.
* Explains program requirements and regulations to new tenants and assures compliance of these regulations.
* Maintains a comprehensive and accurate written record of events that occur during shifts, as well as through incident reports.
* Monitors and ensures the safety and security of program operations.
* Monitors all residents while exiting the Master Lease Homes to ensure no damage or theft of Pacific Clinics property.
* Attends and participates in staff meetings to provide input towards program development and staff training.
* Interacts with other internal programs, clinical/support staff and external sources such as applicable.
* Reports to work on time and maintains reliable and regular attendance.
* Models Pacific Clinics' approach, mission and core values in all communication and correspondence.
* Communicates effectively in a culturally competent and diverse consumer population and promotes favorable interaction with managers, co-workers and others.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Initiate and maintain professional interactions and communication with Clinic's employees and/or others.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE/POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
* High school diploma/GED and one (1) year of related experience in the areas of customer service.
* Demonstrated experience and ability to relate to a culturally diverse clientele and staff.
* Bilingual skills in the appropriate language for the Clinics' clients are highly preferred.
* Must demonstrate ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
* Ability to interact and communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing.
* Must be able to work under minimal supervision.
* Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Strong paperwork and documentation skills.
* Effectively assist with housing activities in multiple service sites both within the agency and in the community.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand or sit. The employee is required to use hands to produce records and/or documentation in manual or electronic format. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally move or lift up to 10 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Community outreach and local business travel is required.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to job performance of the fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee will be requir