Sales Development Representative
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Sales Development Representative to join our Small Group Cigna + Oscar sales team (West) in California.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human.
About the role:
We've launched a strategic partnership with Cigna to jointly provide commercial health insurance to small businesses in select markets. The new offering brings together the depth of Cigna's experience and provider relationships with Oscar's high-touch, consumer-facing approach to customer service and care navigation under the Cigna + Oscar brand. We're committed to giving small business owners an affordable option that helps them and their employees save money and see the doctors they know and trust.
You will report into the Senior Director, Cigna + Oscar (West).
* Own relationships with distribution partners
* Meet or exceed assigned sales production quotas
* Assist in the outreach and contracting with prospective distribution partners
* Develop strategies for prioritizing and outbounding to prospective brokers
* Provide ongoing sales support to ensure we maintain a concierge level of service
* Coordinate and conduct regular in-person and web-based trainings on our small group products
* Partner with our Marketing and Product teams to build tools and resources that continue to make Oscar the easiest carrier to do business with
* 3+ years of sales experience
* Experience making data-driven decisions
* Experience working in a high-growth environment
* Health insurance experience
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.