Data Entry Clerk, Senior
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION:
Responsible for performing moderately complex tasks necessary to maintain and improve the revenue cycle. Provides business expertise for all systems and the execution of user testing of new functionalities or upgrades that affect the department. Performs the data entry of medical services and inputs, updates and corrects patient information into the system from Encounter Forms and documents in accordance with policies and procedures as established by the department.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate HealthCare Partners’ (HCP) commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer.
- Audits work for accuracy, balances against controls and corrects mistakes.
- Inputs and corrects patient demographic information in the system.
- Assigns financial classifications to patient accounts.
- Audits and resolves Enterprise EHR tasks communicating with site designees.
- Researches and inputs all interface fatal errors to ensure complete and correct input of encounter data including Enterprise EHR, Digital Radiology and PatientKeeper interfaces.
- Resolves Transaction Editing System (TES) edits including missing information edits.
- Participates in the implementation of new systems and functionalities.
- Reviews and reports discrepancies in system design or set-up.
- Performs routine testing to keep department applications functioning which include testing updates in dictionaries, testing new TES edits and assisting with system upgrades.
- Escalates issues that lie outside of required completion dates to appropriate levels of management.
- Serves as a Team Leader on projects as required.
- Uses, protects, and discloses HCP patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you’ll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work. (SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.