Product Manager, Content
Employment Type: Full-Time
Are you looking for a product role where you can lead a wide breadth of projects and features at a beloved consumer brand? Are you passionate about solving tough problems across a two-sided, hyper-local marketplace? Are you curious about applying data science to products that ship to hundreds of millions of users? Join us at OpenTable! We are hiring a sharp, creative Product Manager to lead our team in crafting products and programs for quality content at scale.
The primary content verticals at OpenTable consist of tags, menus, photos, and reviews - these pillars help diners discover and plan their next great meal. As a member of the Content Team you will lead multidisciplinary projects that require resourcefulness, creativity, and analytical competence. You will propose and advocate for content solutions that align with top company goals, be able to prioritize and lead projects from start to finish, and clearly communicate your analysis to project partners and executives.
You will work alongside the Data Science and Content Teams to manage our content collection, modeling, and display experiences. You will also advise product strategy and implementation for new solutions and programs, as well as work with engineers to improve our features and introduce new tools. Such tools or programs might include on-boarding users into a top reviewer program and/or forging relationships with distributed workforces or to crowd-source and curate content. That could even look like crafting new machine learning products to help us curate and display the best content for restaurants. The key is that these will be your decisions to make!
* Seek out exciting challenges and relish the opportunity to collaborate with cross-functional partners.
* Experience leading sophisticated projects with limited resources and opposing priorities.
* Sharp, critical problem solver, able to communicate decisions with transparency.
* An eye for excellence and detail, and it shows in everything you do, from product requirement documents to presentations.
* Strong view of what makes good products and an ambition to expand the scope of your product area.
* Understand the user's point of view and are passionate about applying your strong project management and communication skills to improving restaurant discovery.
* Proactive and can conceive and complete a project on your own, while being open to feedback and mentorship.
* Value introspection as a way to continuously improve yourself, your team, and your products.
* Structure and implement strategic and operational projects to support content collection, moderation, and display.
* Develop plans, capture relevant data, lead analysis, and develop final recommendations.
* Drive multiple projects with contending priorities simultaneously, build new tools, develop processes for delivering benefits at scale, and work with the larger product organization to improve or build new restaurant discovery experiences.
* Collaborate with restaurant partners, user research, and data teams to understand the health of various content initiatives, identify necessities for scale, and implement solutions.
* Interact with all organizational levels, develop and manage project schedules, identify risks and communicate to partners.
* 3+ years of work experience as a product manager with experience in consumer-facing products
* BA/BS degree
* Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
* Experience working with either content management systems, distributed workforces, or content sourcing and/or moderation platforms.
* Restaurant industry experience
* A passion for food and dining
* Generous paid vacation
* Day off on your birthday
* Company matched retirement plans
* Health, dental and vision insurance plans
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Headspace Subscription
* Drinks, coffee, snacks, games
* Flexible hours
* Universal Paid Parental leave
OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), powers reservations for the hospitality industry. OpenTable's software seats more than 1 billion people per year and helps more than 60,000 restaurants, bars, wineries and other venues attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and increase revenue.
Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated more than 2 billion diners in over 80 countries. The Company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and the OpenTable service is available throughout the United States, as well as in Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico, the UK and many more locations.
As an employee of OpenTable, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of meta-search brands including momondo, Cheapflights, Swoodoo, checkfelix and Mundi. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other's strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.