Employment Type: Full-Time
OpenTable - KAYAK are looking for a business-oriented, flexible Compliance Manager to help
navigate the fun and tasty legal & compliance hurdles of dining and travel.
Based in our Los Angeles, California office, your role as a member of the legal team will center on effective implementation of our compliance program covering applicable laws, rules, and regulations; internal policies and procedures; accepted business practices; ethical standards; and contractual obligations.
The role requires good judgment, a strong work ethic, the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
and great interpersonal, communication and technical skills. This position will report to our Director of
Compliance & Ethics based in Connecticut. The Compliance Manager will also be asked to support the
legal team in other areas defined below:
● Maintain compliance policies and procedures databases
● Develop and execute compliance & ethics campaigns on relevant topics and initiatives
● Assist with the development and presentation of training modules
● Maintain logs of compliance inquiries and activities, including compliance calls, government
inquiries through our company's Helpline and Case Management system
● Coordinate and conduct an annual risk assessment and maintain our risk tracking system
● Design and monitor controls to deal with legal rules and internal policies
● Assist in the development of the annual compliance work plan
● Compile and analyze both internal and external information to prepare compliance audit data
● Miscellaneous work as necessary to support the compliance and legal function
Experience / Education:
● 6+ years experience working in a compliance and ethics environment in a corporate setting or
● 4-year college degree (or equivalent)
● Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional preferred (and required within 18 months of
appointment to position)
● CIPM, CIPP, IAPP or similar privacy experience a major plus
Required Skills, Competencies & Personal Attributes:
● Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis, and project management skills
● Creative problem solver who possesses sound business judgment and is detail oriented
● European and international travel may be required (when business travel resumes), up to 15%
● Decent to good sense of humor
About KAYAK and OpenTable
KAYAK is the world's leading travel search engine. KAYAK searches other travel sites and shows travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages. The company's website and apps also offer tools to help travelers plan and manage their trip, including price alerts, price forecasts and free itinerary management. Each year, KAYAK processes more than one billion searches for travel information and has more than 40 international sites and 20 languages. KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings Inc.
OpenTable is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating approximately 12 million diners per month via online bookings across 28,000 restaurants. The OpenTable network connects restaurants and diners, helping diners discover and book the perfect table and helping restaurants deliver personalized hospitality to keep guests coming back. In addition to the company's website and mobile apps, OpenTable powers online reservations for nearly 600 partners, including many of the Internet's most popular global and local brands. Headquartered in San Francisco, California, we have team members in the United States, Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico and the UK.
Diversity and Inclusion at OpenTable/ KAYAK
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our stakeholders. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.