On Lok Inc.
Dedicated to The Care of Elders:
On Lok, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization founded in the early 1970s by a group of citizens concerned about the plight of elders and the lack of long term options in the community. On Lok, Inc. serves as the administrative arm of a group of five affiliated non-profit organizations. Its functions include research and development, human resources, fundraising and management information systems.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career!
POSITION SUMMARY: On Lok, the Bay Area's leading provider of senior care services, is launching a new venture to expand our services to older adults in San Francisco and is looking for a passionate and dedicated leader to serve as the Senior Project Manager (SPM) . This pivotal role will develop a new program to help at-risk seniors return to a prior level of function through coordinated interventions and coaching. Reporting to the Chief Strategy and Analytics Officer, the Senior Project Manager will work collaboratively with leadership and staff at all levels to bring our new services to life, from planning and hiring staff through to evaluating and scaling. The Senior Project Manager will also take on a panel of participants as a Health Coach as part of the implementation. This role is responsible for implementing two pilot programs to demonstrate the proof of concept and generate initial results and may transition to sustaining the program.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Program Development and Piloting
1. Set up the pilots and support the team to enroll patients into the program.
2. Manage the pilots while ensuring fidelity to the original model.
3. Assess enrollees and care teams regularly across multiple dimensions.
4. Approach the provider community strategically and co-design a joint statement of care.
5. Identify and develop relationships with community partners to build a robust referral network based on shared values.
6. Deploy and monitor the use of HIPAA compliant technology platforms in service of the program.
7. Support researchers' objectives and outcomes through the process of discovery, design and implementation.
8. Support pilot and program fundraising.
Recruitment and People Management
1. Recruit highly capable and self-motivated staff members to join the team.
2. Provide supervision and guidance to staff members to assure delivery of consistently high-quality care and services to patients.
3. Provide in-service training and orientation to staff regarding the program, policies/procedures, evaluation process, risk management, compliance, performance improvement, etc.
Project Management and Evaluation
1. Promote and ensure that all organizational philosophies and objectives are maintained.
2. Establish the most effective system and monitor the implementation of policies and procedures, review new regulatory directives, and implement changes as needed.
3. Employ viable technology solutions to achieve maximum scalability for this new evolving service.
4. Continue to build a referral network based on shared values.
5. Must stay in compliance with all state, federal, and government agencies.
6. Develop metrics to measure outcomes, and continually analyzes data to influence desired behavior
7. Monitor quality improvement process, standards of care, clinical reports, etc. and share findings with care team, leadership team and community partners.
8. Adeptly utilize the principles and practice of waterfall project management to:
a. Develop rational project plans
b. Communicate progress against plan appropriately to stakeholders;
c. Responsible for timely information reporting;
d. Manage project scope, resources, timeline, and budget;
e. Continually align key stakeholders and involve key decision-makers as needed;
f. Surface risks, monitor the need to invoke risk mitigation strategies.
9. Perform other duties as assigned
Social Worker/Health Coach (Upon Implementation)
1. Coach an assigned panel of participant(s) to provide care coordination services and maintain complete privacy of participant personal information and health information.
2. Conduct initial and routine home visits and assessments with participants in order to develop, implement and update individualized care plans and interventions, and make appropriate and timely referrals.
3. Engage participants and empower them to take ownership over their health by offering them the tools they need and coaching them to develop sustainable behaviors for wellness and prevention.
4. Build trust with participants and their families by providing support and care.
5. Identify comorbidities, hospitalizations, prescriptions and other factors that could impact the participant's health.
6. Assist in identification of participants' health advocacy needs; educate and refer members to available health resources.
7. Communicate with participants about their care plan by phone and email, and engage other care team partners in the discussion when necessary.
8. Act as a liaison between participants, caregivers, the care-team, and the community.
9. Collaborate with the healthcare providers to help participants meet their goals and support the implementation of the participant's care plan.
10. Assess needs and care plan when a participant dis-enrolls from program
11. Document interactions and interventions as directed.
12. Create, participate and attend learning and development opportunities such as monthly coach planning meetings, enrollment and kickoff meetings, aggregate report meetings, etc.
13. Brings enthusiasm, positive attitude, and passion for health improvement.
14. Demonstrate empathy and compassion for participants when engaging their participation and ownership for self-improvement.
QUALIFICATIONS (knowledge, skills, abilities):
1. Graduate of an accredited college with a MSW degree.
2. Minimum four (4) year post MSW experience required. Public policy education a plus.
3. Minimum of four (4) years of community or public health experience, including at least one year in a management position.
4. Minimum of two (2) years of experience or training working with older adults, preferably in a coaching environment.
5. Project execution and project management experience in launching pilots and new programs.
6. Specific interest in advocating for the health and wellbeing of seniors.
7. Knowledge and understanding of HIPAA regulations.
8. Excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to adapt communication style to audience.
9. Possess a high degree of self-motivation, resourcefulness and thinking outside the box.
10. Thrives in ambiguity and is known for a balance of creativity and operational excellence.
11. Eager to be entrepreneurial and a self-starter; experienced in operating with minimum supervision.
12. Demonstrated ability to communicate, problem-solve, and work effectively in an interdisciplinary team environment.
13. Ability to think critically and exercise good judgment in challenging situations.
14. Demonstrated commitment to On Lok's core values of compassion, excellence, resourcefulness, and inclusivity.
15. Must be computer literate, excellent working knowledge of all pertinent software.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and state and federal laws (including federal PACE requirements at 42 CFR 460.64(a); 460.68(a), we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
On Lok is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy), race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, age, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
If you require reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions and/or to receive other terms, privileges or benefits of employment please contact Recruitment (email@example.com).
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...