Sr. Manager, Software Engineering
Employment Type: Full-Time
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
The Senior Manager of Software Engineering will lead a focused team of software engineers as they build new software and enhance and maintain existing software platforms. The development team is working to modernize Omnicell's software platform by introducing new technologies hosted as a cloud-based SaaS platform. This manager will play a key role in helping the engineering team making this transition. Working in a fast-paced, agile software development environment, the Senior Manager of Software Engineering will establish and maintain best practices for agile software development, set realistic targets and milestones and provide technical leadership to the team. This individual will work diligently with the team, developing a deep understanding of the technical and business aspects of all software developed by the team. This manager will be accountable for delivering complete, high quality and compelling software products on established timelines.
* Provide technical, process and product leadership the software engineering team for your product area.
* Work closely with product owners to ensure your team meets or exceeds product expectations in a timely manner.
* Work diligently with the quality team to ensure your team meets or exceeds quality expectations.
* Develop cross functional project plans to meet release milestones, ensuring releases are effectively communicated across the organization.
* Interact with product owners and customers to gain a deep understanding of the market and software needs
* Develop, enhance and maintain Agile software development methodologies to ensure maximum team productivity.
* Drive software best practices, including design, code review and unit test development to ensure maximum software quality.
* Partner with architecture teams to understand design patterns, and drive the development teams to execute on the architecture design.
* Provide employee development and team building.
* Provide employee coaching and mentoring.
* Responsible for recruiting, motivating, and directing the efforts of the software engineering team.
* Implement the key corporate values of customer focus, accountability, performance and integrity.
Required Knowledge and Skills
The ideal candidate will have successful management and team building experience in a rapid growth environment, proven technical accomplishments, and proven experience bringing new products with high reliability to market.
* Extensive experience developing mission critical applications to commercial/enterprise markets required.
* Clear understanding of Agile development practices.
* Clear understanding of the Software Quality Assurance process.
* Proven leadership with excellent inter-personal skills.
* Energetic, motivated self-starter that is eager to excel.
* Experience with Microservice architecture.
* Experience with development of cloud-ready applications.
* Experience with web application development/single page application development (Preferable using Angular)
* BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related fields.
* 15+ years' experience in software development, demonstrating increased levels of responsibility and technical expertise.
* At least 8 years' experience leading a software development team.
* At least 10 years' experience in developing 24/7 enterprise level server applications.
* Healthcare industry experience for inpatient settings.
* Experience in FDA regulated environments.
* Experience developing localized systems for worldwide distribution.
* Experience with cloud development with either AWS or Microsoft Azure.
* Onshore/Remote environment.
* Ability to travel 10% of the time.