Employment Type: Full-Time
At Office Depot and Office Max, the Meal/ Break Key Carrier - Technology is responsible for driving sales and profitability by providing personalized guidance to consumers to help identify and qualify the appropriate technology solution to meet the customer's needs. This position also serves as the in-store expert for technically related questions and supports sales and marketing activities for all areas within the store.
The Meal/ Break Key Carrier - Technology is an individual contributor who provides leadership and work direction with respect to technology sales to associates within a store that do not directly report to this position. An incumbent in this position will be a product expert in technology equipment, peripherals, and services and will keep current on emerging technologies. The position will have a direct impact on technology-related revenue within assigned store. In addition, this position will perform Manager on Duty responsibilities as outlined in the MOD standards. The essential functions of this position may require you to consent to periodic comprehensive background checks conducted by a third-party.
1. Initiate action with customers shopping for technology and provide impartial, knowledgeable advice about technology products.
2. Qualify customers to identify their needs with respect to technology products in order to customize and delivery a technology solution that best fits those needs, including accessories and services.
3. Use subject matter expertise to drive sales and customer awareness of the Office Depot technology product selection by providing product demonstrations and end user training sessions.
4. Meet sales objectives and goals, including attachment and up-selling goals.
5. Train the store's associate team on current OD technology product offerings as well as new items being introduced to the OD technology assortment.
6. Perform Manager on Duty responsibilities as outlined in the MOD standards.
Education & Experience
Level of Formal Education: High School diploma or equivalent edu preferred
Area of Study:
Years of Experience: Minimum 2 years experience in related field
Type of Experience: Technology
* Business Machines, Networking, and PC's
Skills and Ability:
* Ability to work a full-time flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends as necessary
* Demonstrated ability to install software onto new laptops
* Able to work independently and handle multiple tasks
* Able to analyze situations and gather information to develop sound, ethical business solutions
* Ability to use electronic communication devises during all working hours which includes wearing a headset or a devise on or in the ear
* Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds occasionally and 25 pounds regularly and climb ladders
* Ability to stand and move about for extended periods of time with only brief periods of sitting
(People Soft, etc.)
* Excellent communication skills required (emphasis on listening skills and presentation skills)
* Positive and Engaging
* Action Oriented
* Integrity, Accountability & Trust
* Demonstrate passion for the brand, products, services and solutions offered to our customers
* Must possess a desire to continually develop personal selling skills and product knowledge
Other/Preferred: • Drive for Results
* Decision Quality
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
Office Depot and Office Max offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How To Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Office Depot and Office Max is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.