Temporary Account Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
THE JOB / Temporary Account Manager
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
Octagon is looking for a self-starter to join our account team representing a luxury automotive brand. This position is responsible for managing current business relationships and partnerships to ensure client satisfaction and consistently provide excellent customer service while onsite at a multi-month experiential activation based in the Los Angeles area. Managing a large activation team, this individual will create critical staffing schedules and coordinate all onsite operations.
The Account Manager will support the execution of a large experiential space in an upscale, retail setting to connect the brand with consumers. During the planning phase, responsibilities may include multiple site visits, in-person meetings with partners and vendors, virtual meetings with account team members, as well as the coordination and implementation of staff training (among other tasks to be determined).
The activation will take place on both weekdays and weekends and this position will require working non-traditional hours during weekends, nights, and holidays, and may include assisting with the transport of the vehicles.
The right candidate will demonstrate a high level of initiative and works well independently and in a team environment. Strong attention to detail, high level of organization, and excellent interpersonal skills are required for this position.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU'LL DO
* Manage and execute all on-site activities
* Responsible for daily set-up, breakdown, and maintenance of all event equipment whether onsite or managing through program team
* Conduct participant registration and instruction
* Troubleshoot on-site challenges
* Provide test-drive, photography and registration recaps
* Rotate between various activation components on-site
* Ensure that event attendees have a positive and engaging experience
* Assist with upkeep of fleet vehicles and display vehicles
* Work with the core account team on program wrap-up
* Keep organized records of all expenses and time tracking
* Work/travel on weekends, holidays and during non-traditional hours
* Other related duties as reasonably assigned
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU'LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn't do it for you, and it shouldn't, let's take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That's where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
* Bachelor's Degree in a related field and/or 3+ years agency/client experience
* Automotive industry experience a plus
* Ability to manage relationships with multiple internal/external partners (e.g. venues, vendors, suppliers, etc.)
* Effective leadership skills to manage program staff
* Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage tight deadlines and work under pressure
* Excellent communication, writing, and client service skills
* Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
* Willingness to work weekends and non-traditional hours
* Valid driver's license and clean driving record
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.