Business Development Dir. II
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Responsible for selling highly scientific Translational Biomarker and Diagnostic Services, Vaccine Services and Genomic Testing to targeted accounts.
* Engages external and internal stakeholders on a range of scientific testing services in the area of biomarkers, laboratory drug development testing, anatomic pathology and histology, companion diagnostics, Vaccine services and Genomic Testing.
* Achieves annual sales plan and sales targets for assigned accounts.
* Establishes nurtures and grows client relationships at the appropriate levels.
* Develops account plans and strategies to gain business in assigned accounts in collaboration and partnership with other Covance team members.
* Provides weekly sales activity reports to management.
* Develops client call cycle to achieve objectives and sales plan; Follows up on leads.
* Provides general intelligence on key competitors.
* Sells the business unit's capabilities and differentiation frameworks.
* Recognizes and communicates sales opportunities for other business units.
* Sets and manages customer expectations.
* Collaborates with companywide resources to achieve superior customer satisfaction.
* Organizes and hosts client visits.
* Evaluates quotations for territory and provides inputs to ensure client and company requirements are met.
* Uses SFDC to manage internal communication and document territory and client information as required for the business unit.
* Responsible for Opportunity Management and accurate pipeline forecasting.
* Collaborates effectively with sales executives from other Covance units to bring potential opportunities to their attention and to identify and win multi-unit projects.
* Assists in determining margins and pricing with Client Services.
* Participates in proposal scope development as appropriate.
* Maintains frequent personal contact with clients.
* Participates in corporate teams to build relationships with key accounts.
* Leads client presentations.
* Supports an established client base where appropriate.
* Bachelor's degree in life science or business field required. Prefer Master's degree in life sciences, biology, or science-related field with particular focus on biomarkers, anatomic pathology & histology, translational medicine, or companion diagnostics.
* Advanced industry knowledge
* Demonstrated client retention skills
* Ability to manage difficult client and/or financial situations
* Ability to differentiate Covance from competitors
* Strong working relationship with internal Covance management and site leadership
* Demonstrated ability to acquire and grow client base
* 4-5 year's sales (or relevant) experience selling services directly to the pharmaceutical and biotech section with direct interaction with mid-level and executive level decision makers