Undergraduate Product Management Intern, Summer 2022
Employment Type: Full-Time
Oaktree is seeking an undergraduate summer Intern with a 2023 expected graduation date to spend 8-weeks within the Product Management team. The Product Management department is responsible for (i) serving as representatives/spokespeople for Oaktree's strategies and products to explain strategy positioning and investment theses; (ii) creating, refining and managing content that effectively conveys our strategies' investment approach, capabilities and portfolio activity; (iii) responding to investor requests for information about their prospective and current investments with us and meeting with those clients and prospects to explain strategy/product positioning and value proposition; (iv) developing and/or assessing new-product opportunities; and (v) delivering marketing programming initiatives that serve to raise awareness about Oaktree's offerings and broad platform capabilities.
The Intern will participate in a formal training curriculum that includes an introduction to the firm and its strategies, fund structuring and an overview of relevant tools and systems.
* Assisting the team in the design and preparation of fundraising-related or other content and presentations
* Helping with the drafting of commentary for investment performance or in response to client and prospect inquiries
* Working closely with the team and other internal stakeholders to research competitor information or new product ideas
* Supporting fund launch activities and operational readiness
* Rising senior (class of 2023)
* Knowledge of financial markets
* Exceptional analytical skills
* Adequate capabilities in PowerPoint
* Self-motivated with strong attention to detail and excellent work ethic.
* Outstanding initiative and a self-starter.
* Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
* Highly resourceful; ability to exercise superior judgment regarding requests: to interpret them, ask appropriate questions, seeking guidance and escalating issues as appropriate
* Team-oriented and collaborative and must possess strong integrity and professionalism
Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree with a high GPA from a university or college.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Oaktree is committed to diversity and to equal opportunity employment. Oaktree does not make employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, past or present physical or mental disability, HIV status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, veteran status, military service, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic violence victim status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances. This policy applies to hiring, placement, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, recruitment advertising, transfers, demotions, layoffs, terminations, recruitment advertising, rates of pay and other forms of compensation and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
This policy applies to all Oaktree applicants, employees, clients, and contractors.