Accounting Manager, Open-end Fund Accounting
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for maintaining the books and records for open-end funds, closed-end funds, and collateralized loan obligation portfolios (CLOs), as well as reporting to clients and the portfolio group.
Responsibilities will include:
* Preparing and maintaining the books and records of pooled private investment funds organized as limited partnerships and/or CLOs;
* Accounting for and reconciliation of cash, investments and real property;
* Recording and reconciling of purchase and sale transactions;
* Accounting for complex corporate actions;
* Estimating and posting of monthly closing accruals;
* Calculating of income and expense allocations to each partner, including updating of distribution waterfall based on the terms of the governing documents;
* Determining and preparing distributions and draw-downs;
* Preparing of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports to clients;
* Analyzing and calculating of performance metrics for partnerships/accounts as well as for each investment;
* Coordinating with funds' and CLOs' independent auditors, custodians, and trustees;
* Performing other tasks as required.
* Minimum 5 years relevant accounting or audit experience within Big Four public accounting or a mix of public accounting and investment management industry experience;
* Strong knowledge of reconciliation and account analysis;
* Excellent understanding of accounting and the ability to apply relevant investment company accounting rules;
* Solid analytical skills and ability to understand and resolve complex problems;
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint; and
* Experience with Geneva and/or Geneva World Investor accounting systems is a plus.
* Self-motivated with strong attention to detail and excellent work ethic;
* Great organizational skills and is able to handle complicated work efficiently and effectively;
* Takes initiative to ask questions and detect problems;
* Superior written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work effectively both individually and as a team; and
* Ability to understand and resolve complex problems.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Oaktree is committed to diversity and to equal opportunity employment. Oaktree does not make employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, past or present physical or mental disability, HIV status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, veteran status, military service, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic violence victim status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances. This policy applies to hiring, placement, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, recruitment advertising, transfers, demotions, layoffs, terminations, recruitment advertising, rates of pay and other forms of compensation and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
This policy applies to all Oaktree applicants, employees, clients, and contractors.