Medication Technician - On Call
Employment Type: Full-Time
Medication Technician - On Call - Hiring Immediately!
Oakmont of Mariner Point is a premier senior living community situated on a beautifully landscaped campus. Managed by Oakmont Management Group, Oakmont of Mariner Point provides exceptional quality, comfort, and care with five-star services and amenities. Residents enjoy a rewarding lifestyle with individualized comprehensive support that promotes continuing independence. We deliver meaningful lifestyles and relationships with residents, families, and team members by developing a winning culture and living these values: Authenticity * Teamwork * Compassion * Commitment * Resilience.
With communities across California and Nevada opportunities for career growth, relocation, and travel are significant. In addition, our team members may enjoy the following benefits:
* Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
* Vacation, Personal Day, Sick Pay, Holidays
* Discounted Meals
* Bonus Opportunities
* Team Member Discount Program
* 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
* Recognition Programs
* Company Paid Life Insurance
* Student Loan Refinancing
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Pet Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program
The Medication Technician is responsible for supervising and assisting in the administration of medications to residents as ordered and in accordance with established nursing standards, policies, procedures, and practices of the company. In addition, the Medication Technician will provide direct personal care, encourage residents to participate in activities, work with housekeepers and maintenance staff in accordance with the companys mission, vision, and values.
* Prepare and distribute medication to residents.
* Coordinate medication services with the resident, pharmacy, and physician.
* Order and track all medication changes, refills, and deliveries with pharmacies.
* Maintain accurate, complete, and confidential resident medication and care records.
* Maintain a safe and secure environment for all staff, residents, and guests, following established safety standards.
* Encourage teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers and other departments.
* Prefer one (1) year of experience assisting with medication at a Residential Care Facility for the Elderly (RCFE).
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* A high school diploma or equivalent; a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) is a plus.
* Must be able to operate MS Office programs (Word, Excel, etc.)
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Strong desire to work with the elderly and care for their needs.
* Possess written and verbal skills to interact and communicate effectively with employees, supervisors, physicians, healthcare professionals, residents, and their families.
* Must pass a Criminal Background check and Health Screening tests, including COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test within 72 hours of start date.
About Oakmont Management Group: Oakmont Management Group is a recognized leader in the senior living industry that manages a portfolio of communities under the Oakmont Senior Living and Ivy Living brand. Oakmont currently serves over 4,000 seniors across 40 communities in California and Nevada with an additional 5 communities set to open in the coming year. Oakmont strives to create an atmosphere of family and community among team members, residents, and resident family members. We know that caring and meaningful relationships are the foundation of a rewarding life. Our team is hand-selected for their skills, previous experience, and passion for working with the elderly. Our practice is to incorporate joy and laughter alongside our expectations of excellence. Walk into our communities and feel our pride of ownership and commitment to service.
Oakmont Management Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer