Scientist/Senior Scientist, Discovery Pharmacology
Employment Type: Full-Time
Nurix Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of small molecule therapies designed to modulate cellular protein levels as a novel treatment approach for cancer and immune disorders. Leveraging Nurix's extensive expertise in E3 ligases together with its proprietary DNA-encoded libraries, Nurix has built DELigase, an integrated discovery platform to identify and advance novel drug candidates targeting E3 ligases, a broad class of enzymes that can modulate proteins within the cell. Nurix's drug discovery approach is to either harness or inhibit the natural function of E3 ligases within the ubiquitin proteasome system to selectively decrease or increase cellular protein levels.
We are seeking an experienced enzymologist/biochemist to join our small molecule profiling group at Nurix. As an important contributor of this group, you will work collaboratively on multiple programs, partnering with your peers across Nurix's discovery platform, including Protein Sciences, DNA Encoded Chemistry and Screening, Medicinal Chemistry, Cellular Biology, and in vivo Pharmacology to identify, characterize and advance novel small molecules directed against a range of therapeutic targets.
* Design, develop and execute biochemical assays to support on-going small molecule discovery projects
* Leverage a variety of biochemical and biophysical technologies including fluorescence polarization, TR-FRET, activity-based assay and NanoBRET to characterize a wide range of targets and their binding interactions with small molecules.
* Contribute to the design and development of assays for:
* qualification of target proteins for DNA encoded library screens
* hit confirmation and prioritization for follow up chemistry
* advancement of lead molecules for heterobifunctional degrader synthesis
* characterization and optimization of heterobifunctional degrader molecules
* Support multiple internal and external collaboration projects simultaneously in a matrix organization
* Communicate scientific results to internal and external stakeholders
* MS with 5+ years or Ph.D. with 2+ years of post-degree experience in Enzymology, Biochemistry, Biophysics or related field
* Expertise in the development and implementation of various biochemical and enzymatic assays is strongly preferred
* Expertise in broad range of biochemical and biophysical techniques for assessing protein-protein and protein-small molecule interactions is a plus
* Experience with drug discovery project leadership is preferred
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Aligned to Nurix's culture and values; team-oriented and highly collaborative with a hands-on approach