Associate Clinical Laboratory Scientist
Employment Type: Full-Time
Education & Experience
* BS/BA with scientific emphasis
* 0 year after licensure, 1 year preferred.
* Possess a current license issued by the State of California such as:(Strongly Preferred)
§ Clinical Genetics Molecular Biologist Scientist (CGMBS) or
§ Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Generalist)
* Demonstrated understanding of, and ability to apply principles, concepts, practices and standards associated with sample testing in a laboratory setting.
* Demonstrated experience and understanding of molecular and cellular biological techniques such as PCR, NGS techniques directly applicable to the services provided by Navigate BP (molecular and cellular biological techniques such as PCR, NGS) is strongly preferred.
* Proficient with MS Office
* Meticulous attention to detail, proficient reasoning and problem-solving skills in experimental design, data analysis, verification, manipulation and interpretation
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to laboratory instruments, moderate exposure to unusual elements including: extreme temperatures, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touch. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!