Windows Systems Administrator
Employment Type: Full-Time
Requisition ID: R10001676
* Category: Information Technology
* Location: Palmdale - CA, United States of America
* Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
* Clearance Type: Secret
* Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
* Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
* Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
* Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a well qualified Windows Systems Administrator; this position will be located in Palmdale, CA.Roles and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:• Perform as a Windows Systems Administrator for a classified government contract.
* Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal and external customers, in written and oral format.
* Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
* Support multiple networks and ensure necessary administration tasks are completed; direct others as necessary.
* Analyze internal and external customer requirements and determine equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems.
* Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
* Provide backup and recovery services; manage file systems and disk space; manage virus protection on a routine basis.
* Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
* Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact.
* Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
* Make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, and system components.
* Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors; evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
* Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
* Maintain security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM); assist with audit, audit logging access, and audit logging configuration.
* Prepare security documentation for input to Computer Security.
* Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
* Work under minimal direction and independently determine and develop approach to solutions.
* Knowledge of system administration scripting tools is required.Basic Qualifications:• Associate's degree and 4 years of experience, or Bachelor's degree and 2 years of experience; a High School diploma/GED and 6 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a completed degree.
* Current Security+CE certification.
* Active Secret security clearance.
* Ability to maintain an active security clearance as a condition of continued employment.
* Ability to be cleared to special access programs as a condition of continued employment.
* Experience managing Windows Server OS and domain architecture.
* Ability to support multiple networks, ensure necessary administration tasks are completed, and direct others as necessary.
* Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
* Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed.Preferred Qualifications:• Bachelor's or Master's degree in IS related field.
* Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG information system environments.
* Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining computer hardware in a networked environment.
* Server management experience.
* Currently valid CASP, CISSP, or similar security certification.
* Understanding of basic networking, including subnets, routing, and VLANs; Cisco experience and/or certification.
* Experience with Windows AD, LDAP, VMWare, and knowledge of SAN storage systems.
* Linux Operating System experience and/or certification for current versions.
* VMWare experience with current version.
* Knowledge of environmental monitoring tools (HBSS/Solar Winds/Splunk).
* Rudimentary Scripting experience.
* Experience with the creation and deployment of system images in an enterprise environment.
* Experience with Certification & Accreditation process.
* Currently active Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
Salary Range: 74200 - 111400
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.