Mgr Structural Engineering 2 - 2nd shift 3/10
Employment Type: Full-Time
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Engineering Manager 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA
In this role you will lead a growing multi-disciplinary engineering team (Stress, Liaison, Structural Design, and M&P), working 3/10 2nd shift, to ensure timely disposition of nonconformance tags for metallic and composite parts and assemblies.
* Coordinate with Melbourne and other Palmdale functions to ensure dispositions are accurate and completed in a timely manner.
* Measure timeliness and quality of work completed by the team.
* Ensure the safety of our personnel and the product.
* Drive decision making in concert with help from functional Section Managers as required.
* Recommend performance management actions for team members to the functional Section Managers. The recommendations will address rewarding performance, coaching, or disciplinary actions as required.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Aerospace, or Civil) from accredited institution.
* Minimum of 5 years of Structural Engineering experience.
* Experience in a technical leadership or management roles.
* Active in-scope Secret or Top Secret clearance and the ability to obtain Program Special access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs.
* Experience leading an engineering team within a fast-paced, manufacturing environment.
* Experience working Special Access Programs
* Demonstrated technical leadership and management experience
* Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively interact with the customer and program management.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.