Mechanical Technician 4
Employment Type: Full-Time
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Mechanical Technician 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position is based out of our Small Scale Model shop located in El Segundo, CA.
The Small Scale Model shop collaborates directly with engineering and management to fabricate complex display models and presentation articles. We have a need for an innovative, creative and motivated individual to fabricate these items. Oftentimes the customer has a mental image of what is wanted but does not have formal drawing, rendering or sketches. This requires someone who can take the idea then generate a CAD model which will be used to machine the finished item.
The Mechanical Technician 4 will be expected to:
* Generate CAD models using Mastercam program, an N/C router, and FADAL workstation to complete and finish items.
* Work extensively with wood, foam, plastics and metal to create sophisticated and complex models and one of a kind articles.
* Routinely communicate with supporting organizations.
* Detail oriented, organized and familiar with all requirements needed to complete presentation quality work.
* High School Diploma/GED and 6 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment.
* Prior experience generating CAD files, programming N/C machines and fabricating details from wood, plastic and metal.
* A current DoD Secret clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.