Manager Program Control 2 - Strategic Products Redondo Beach, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) is an industry-leading provider for prime satellite and payload capabilities and directed energy and electronics solutions for national security, military, and civil customers. We are built on a heritage of providing innovative, affordable and reliable aerospace and defense products that our customers rely on to achieve mission success. Join the Space revolution and make the impossible, possible.
SSSD has an opening for a Business Management Manager 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The Business Management Manager is responsible for providing all aspects of financial planning and control services through a professional staff, including analyzing the portfolio of 6 Operating Units financial results, applying accepted accounting methods, controlling to budgets, and generating reports on sales, costs, profits, etc. This role is also responsible for the Cost Management portion of this portfolio. This position will be located in our Redondo Beach CA offices and will report to the Director of Business Management for Directed Energy and Strategic Products.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Business Manager Scope of Work
* Financial (Awards, Sales, OM, Cash) planning, forecasting, analysis, and reporting in accordance with company policy, GAAP and SOX requirements
* Strategic Planning - Partnership with the Portfolio Program Managers and Functional leadership for the development of the Annual Operating Plan (AOP)
* Financial management and cost control functions for all contracts / projects
* Cost proposal support for assigned programs and proposal price analysis/strategy development
* Government program finance and compliance inclusive of DCAA and DCMA audit support
* Public company audit support to both Internal and External/3rd party auditors
* Performance Measurement System implementation and program execution, including EVMS compliance under a validated business system. Includes expertise with CFSR, IPMR, and other Customer reporting requirements
* Subcontractor cost recognition, integration and management oversight
* Intercompany program execution coordination and synergy optimization
Cost Manager Scope of Work
* Integrate and synchronize a multi-disciplined staff of business and technical leads in support of EVMS compliant program
* Provide analysis and recommendations to business and program leadership in support of monthly Sector cost/schedule reviews
* Lead independent estimate at complete (EAC), baseline, and joint surveillance reviews
* Supervise compliance to internal business system procedures and processes in support of program requirements and government EVMS implementation guidelines
* Lead cost, schedule, and technical risk assessment events to identify and mitigate program risk
* Lead and coordinate formal internal and Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) surveillance events. Develop and implement EVMS process improvements through collaboration with technical, cost, schedule, and program management leadership
Leadership Scope of Work
* Interdisciplinary coordination in support of program and department execution requirements
* Attention to detail to support contract setup and execution in complex contract environment
* On-boarding, motivation, development, and supervision of a competent professional staff
* Strong communication and relationship skills with internal, cross-functional colleagues and external customers
* Collaborate across program leadership to develop business case analysis for investment and portfolio growth
* Bachelor's degree
* 5 years of experience in financial planning/reporting, strategic planning, cost proposals, project execution/management, contracts, pricing and/or budget controls and analysis.
* Strong understanding of government contracting and regulations, to include FAR and CAS.
* Experience with standard business systems (Costpoint/SAP, Cognos/IFAS, Cobra/MPM, MS Excel).
* Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
* 3 years of experience with Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS)
* Top Secret or SCI Security Clearance
* 2 years of experience in a leadership or supervisory role
* Team management experience.
* Ability to develop talent within the organization.
* Exposure to Agile program environments.
* Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Finance, Accounting or a related field from an accredited university.
* Project / Program Control software tool implementation and maintenance experience; Cobra is preferred
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
* Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
* Educational Assistance
* Life Insurance
* Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
* Paid Time Off
* Health & Wellness Resources
* Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our 'Selecting the Best Qualified Managers' video: http://www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideoSQMVideo.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.