Manager, Contract Administrator 2
Employment Type: Full-Time
Category: NGC Location: Sacramento, California US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes Clearance Type: Top Secret Telecommute: No -Teleworking not available for this position Shift: 1st Shift Travel Required: Yes, 10 % of the Time Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Systems Corporation is seeking a Contracts Manager to join its team of qualified, diverse individuals, supporting its Networked Intelligence Solutions (NIS) Division at its Sacramento, CA (McClellan) site. The successful candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems Contracts & Pricing organization and will have overall Contracts and Pricing management responsibilities for the Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) Operating Unit (OU) across the Sacramento, CA and San Jose, CA sites. The successful candidate will report to the Cyber & Information Solutions (C&IS) Contracts Manager and will work closely on a day-to-day basis with SIGINT OU Director and staff, including Program Managers, Business Managers, Operations Manager, Capture Managers, and other functional teams throughout the organization. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the portfolio from the business development phase through contract closeout, with strong focus on customer satisfaction, successful financial performance and risk mitigation. The Contract Manager will collaborate with OU leadership to analyze customer requests, identify flow down requirements, and assist with the development of proposal strategies. The successful candidate will also be responsible for the review and approval of contractual documents for the protection of the company's contractual/risk posture, satisfaction of contractual terms, identify flow down requirements and adherence to company policies and procedures therefore a keen attention to detail is essential. The successful candidate's responsibility also includes being able to make decisions in a timely manner, offer guidance and work cooperatively with a multitude of organizations ranging from technical, program, finance, global supply chain and security for seamless contract administration. The successful candidate will be responsible for the direct supervision and oversight of approximately nine (9) individuals and for providing objective-oriented direction utilizing management guidelines & general policies while maintaining a strong level of engagement. They will also have ownership of the Sacramento and San Jose Estimating & Pricing organization and ensure compliance with both government regulations and Northrop Grumman policies and procedures. The role also requires management of department budget and administrative responsibility for assigned staff, to include overseeing professional development, training and annual performance appraisal. The successful candidate must be a role model for diversity and inclusion through seeking out and including diverse opinions and perspectives, has the ability to solve complex problems by actively seeking information and new ideas from a variety of sources. The ability to provide concise and effective communication through presentation, written documentation or e-mail format with different levels of Management is essential. Roles & Responsibilities:
* Developing highly effective internal/external client relations
* Collaborating with, and providing guidance to, the team responsible for the administration of the contracts and pricing activities within the portfolio, including proposal strategy and review.
* Review and approval of contractual documents for protection of company's contractual posture, adherence to company policies, the advisement to various levels of leadership regarding contractual rights and obligations and interpretation of terms and conditions.
* Development of contract professionals and represents the Operating Unit externally with our customers from a contractual relationship.
* Administers, extends, negotiates, and terminates standard and nonstandard agreements.
Basic Qualifications: To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
* Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in contract administration/management or related field
* Experience negotiating and administering various contract types of varying sizes and types of agreements
* Thorough understanding of the requirements of applicable government regulations
* Strong proposal development skills, solid negotiation skills, and excellent oral and written communication skills
* Have the ability to obtain a Top Secret level Department of Defense clearance
* Master's or Juris Doctor degree
* Possess a Top Secret level Department of Defense clearance
* DoD Pricing & Estimating experience
* Demonstrated 2+ years of leadership or supervisor experience
* Contract Acquisition and Negotiation Experience with the U.S. Air Force and U.S. Army customers
* Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with and influence others
* Established dynamic self-starter with strong attention to detail and the ability to function independently
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.