Intern, Graphic Artist
Employment Type: Full-Time
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION: Yes
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: Relocation assistance may be available
CLEARANCE TYPE: Secret
TRAVEL: Yes, 10% of the Time
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world's biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is seeking a motivated professional to serve as a Graphic Artist Intern to join our diverse team of professionals located in Palmdale, CA.
The successful candidate will conceive, design, lay out, and coordinate editorial illustrations and creative artwork for publications such as magazines, brochures, handbooks, and posters, translating facts and features of subject material into graphic terms that best convey intended meaning. Develops interpretive themes that convey ideas and information. Creates graphic presentations that communicate mood, emphasis, insight, viewpoint, and similar visual impressions. Provides guidance on graphic technology. Works closely with internal company contacts to understand requirements and create cost efficient graphic designs through available mediums. May provide computer graphic services for web artwork. May also have responsibility or input on reproduction and printing processes through in-house resources or outside vendors.
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
* Be enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university AND graduating after August 2022
* Be majoring in B.S. or B.A. degree (Graphic Design)
* Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
* Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite) and the ability to obtain and retain Special Program access clearance within 365 days from submission
* Active DoD Secret security clearance
* Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.7/4.0 or higher
* Experience with IsoDraw, CATIA V5, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, and Dreamweaver), and 3D media development software (e.g. Right Hemisphere, 3D Studio Max, 3DVIA Composer, or SolidWorks)
* Experience with blueprint reading and basic engineering/drafting knowledge desired
* Previous internship/co-op or other work experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular)
* Be available to work full-time (40 hours per week) for at least 10 weeks during summer 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our internship pay rates are standardized and take into account three main factors: the anticipated graduation date of the individual, the cost of labor of the geographic location, and whether the internship is considered technical or administrative.
The pay ranges for this specific opportunity are as follows:
Undergraduate degrees (Including graduating students planning on attending/enrolled in a full-time Master's program): $19.75 - $25.50
Masters degrees:$31.75 - $32.75
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.