Electronic Technician 2
Employment Type: Full-Time
Category: Technical Support Location: Redondo Beach, California US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes Clearance Type: None Telecommute: No -Teleworking not available for this position Shift: 1st Shift Travel Required: Yes, 10 % of the Time Positions Available: 4
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today. Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) is an industry-leading provider for launch systems capabilities serving national security, military, civil and commercial customers. We are built on a heritage of providing innovative, affordable and reliable aerospace and defense products that our customers rely on to achieve mission success. Join the Space revolution and make the impossible, possible. Northrop Grumman, Strategic Space Systems Division, is hiring a Electrical Technician 2 located in Redondo Beach, CA with responsibilities including but not limited to the following: PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Under close supervision, performs routine technical functions related to the support of development engineering activities such as design, test, checkout, fabrication, modification, and assembly of electronics and Electro-mechanical systems, experimental design circuitry, prototype models or specialized test equipment. Applications may include analog, digital and/or video type circuits and logic systems. Guidance is readily available from superiors. Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform routine testing, checkout, troubleshooting, prototype building, environmental testing, and simple developmental engineering tasks. Performs routine operational tests and fault isolation on development systems and equipment to ensure conformance with design specifications. Diagnoses and isolates malfunctions down to component level. Conducts defined engineering tests and collects data as assigned. Utilizes routine development or diagnostic equipment including oscilloscope, VOM, DVM, signal generators and similar test apparatus. Normally assigned in area such as development, engineering, test equipment design, or the like. Excludes those assigned to production test activities.
* High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (G.E.D)
* Minimum 2 years of experience performing technician responsibilities.
* Experience working on one or more of the following: Cables, Electronics, Hardware or Soldering.
* Experience working with RF Cables.
* Familiarity with other electronic test equipment such as spectrum analyzer, logic analyzer, protocol analyzer vector signal analyzer a plus.
* Ability to work independently under general supervision.
* Ability to perform moderately complex professional tasks.
* Ability to troubleshoot test set and deliverable hardware required.
* Ability to generate and support disposition of discrepancy documentation.
* Ability to adhere to local processes, procedures and protocols.
* Ability to safely handle and mate/demate cables, harnesses and waveguide and associated connectors and support equipment.
* Ability to perform manual labor including but not limited to lifting and moving heavy test equipment, trench covers, often heavy cables and harnessing.
* Testing and troubleshooting of antennas/antenna subsystems systems.
* Familiarity with System Integration Test and Evaluation and processes and procedures or equivalent.
* Familiarity with RF and Communications, digital systems or satellite communications.
* Familiarity with database maintenance, test script and test procedure development.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.