Employment Type: Full-Time
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
WORKING PROCEDURE: The following are the usual major job duties but this description does not preclude the performance of the other duties by the incumbent, nor the question being raised on the proper rate of pay for the assignment:
* Receive work assignment from supervision.
* Read and follow safety regulations and procedures, MI package including drawings, wiring diagrams, schematics,
change notices, test procedures, operation sheets, specifications and work authorizations.
* Determine from general information the methods, sequences, techniques, tooling and test equipment necessary to
perform a variety of experimental and developmental tests including loading or load simulation.
* Plan, coordinate and conduct all types of electrical/electronic prototype and developmental tests.
* Select, set up, connect, wire and assemble proper test equipment for troubleshooting and repair of test stand equipment
and items under test.
* Inspect apparatus for missing parts and defects to ensure it is safe for testing.
* Install, test and repair indoor and outdoor lighting circuits and fixtures, power and lighting panels, transformers, alarms
and associated equipment.
* Determine troubleshooting and testing procedures for components or products with electronic controls and systems, solid
state components and integrated circuits where a thorough analysis of electronic systems and components is required.
* Troubleshoot to determine cause of malfunction or failure and take corrective action required on AC/DC motors,
generators, power supplies, control systems, instrumentation systems.
* Disassemble and disconnect components to access or remove malfunctioning circuits, components units for repair or
replacement. Reassemble as required.
* Compile and record data as required.
* Restore components or product after test to operable and/or shipping condition.
* Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment including cleaning connections and windings, tightening
connections, retapping and insulating connections, etc.
* Maintain tools, test equipment and work area in clean and orderly condition.
* Observe safety rules and be familiar with emergency shutdown procedures.
* Perform other work of equal or lower classification as required.
This is Union represented position.
* Journeyman Certificate or 6 to 10 years experience in an electrical work discipline.
* Knowledge of electrical pressure and temperature monitoring equipment and circuitry.
* Ability to obtain Secret Clearance.
* Prior Military experience as Electricians Mate or Electronics Technician in U.S. Navy.
* Experience with power generation and steam plant electrical equipment.
* Active secret security clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.