Associate Technical Writer / Editor - Secret
Employment Type: Full-Time
Category: Communications Location: Palmdale, California US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes Clearance Type: Secret Telecommute: No -Teleworking not available for this position Shift: Multiple Travel Required: Yes, 10 % of the Time Positions Available: 1
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation. Job Description: Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is seeking a motivated professional to serve as an Associate Technical Writer/Editor (level 1) to join our diverse team of professionals located in Palmdale, CA. The Associate Technical Writer/Editor will derive information from released technical source and/or may assist in the development of them with engineers and SMEs. Using the source materials, the writer is expected to interpret, formulate, affect data and will write, re-write and/or edit technical documents such as technical procedure manuals, user manuals, programming manuals, service manuals, operational specifications, and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences. Acquires subject knowledge by interviewing product developers, observing performance of production methods, referring to technical specifications, blueprints, engineering illustrations, and trade journals. Will develop solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity within engineering drawings and blue prints that may impact data. Coordinate findings with team members and may refer findings to established precedents and policies to include consulting the engineering group and SMEs. Will assist in the quality review of materials.
* Bachelors degree. In lieu of formal education, four years relevant job experience may be considered
* Experience with Illustrated Parts Breakdown (IPB) graphic software
* Experience using Microsoft Word, MS excel, and PowerPoint
* Must possess an active DoD Secret security clearance and be able to maintain that clearance and has the ability to obtain and retain Special Program access clearance within 365 days from submission
* Active DoD Top Secret security clearance
* Proficient in the interpretation of engineering data such as parts list, application list, notes list and print reading
* Experience with configuration management.
* Experience creating multi-configuration, multi-effectivity indentured parts lists from engineering and LSA data
* Experience with Isometric Illustrated Parts Breakdown (IPB) graphics and layout.
* Experienced with creating and revising IPB's using MIL-DTL-38807 or MIL-PRF-38807
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.