1 Research Analyst, Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP, Los Angeles, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time
Company Name: Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
Title of Position: Research Analyst
Position Type: Full-Time, Non-exempt
Location: Los Angeles
Who We Are:
Munger Tolles has been consistently ranked on The American Lawyer's A-List since its inception in 2004, including six years in the top spot. we strive to hire only the most qualified and creative lawyers. We believe that clerkships provide valuable experience. In this regard, about 80 percent of our attorneys served as law clerks to federal or state judges. Seventeen attorneys were clerks to U.S. Supreme Court Justices.
The Research Analyst conducts in-depth research across a wide range of focuses including practice-specific areas of law, business intelligence, public records, legislative history, and news/media. The Research Analyst produces competitive intelligence reports for the firm's business development efforts. The Research Analyst provides cite-checking for the Labor & Employment group. The Research Analyst provides attorneys with excellent customer service sometimes with time sensitive deadlines and may work on other projects as directed by management.
Description of Responsibilities:
* Provides timely reference and research services to attorneys , and professionals in all offices.
* Performs library research services across a wide range of subject areas including legal, government documents, public records, business, and other disciplines utilizing a variety of print and electronic resources, including free and fee-based databases and websites.
* Performs cite checking (CA Style Manual) for Labor and Employment group.
* Performs competitive intelligence research .
* Identifies resources for developing research strategies in support of legal matter teams.
* Participates in collection development.
* Special projects and additional duties as assigned.
* Master's Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited school required.
* Juris Doctorate (J.D.) Degree or Paralegal Certificate from an ABA Accredited Institution preferred.
* Legal research and database skills including Westlaw, Lexis, Lex Machina, Bloomberglaw, Lexis Securities Mosaic, Cheetah, Checkpoint, S&P Capital IQ, and others.
* 1-2 years of legal research experience required, preferably in a law firm setting.
* Ability to adapt and apply new technologies and workflows.
* Excellent critical thinking and complex problem solving skills.
* Basic troubleshooting skills with common IT issues involving access to databases and online content.
* Ability to efficiently use Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Outlook, and Excel.
* Ability to work independently and under pressure; evidence of ability to initiate and carry projects through to completion and manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Self-motivated, resourceful, creative and highly organized individual with strong attention to details.
* Strong customer service orientation and a positive, team-oriented attitude.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to forge relationships with management, colleagues and a diverse clientele.
* Must be able to work evenings and weekends, as necessary to complete tasks.
* Computer, telephone, copier, scanner, projector, book cart.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, HSA, 401k
- Varity of provided and voluntary benefits like life insurance, long-term care insurance and critical illness insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Back-up Child Care Benefit
- Paid Holidays
- Transportation Allowance
- Frequent celebrations, events and gatherings
- Health and Wellness classes
- Competitive compensation programs
- Generous leaves of absence policy
To apply, please click here
For information on Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP, and other job opportunities, please visit our website at www.mto.com
MTO is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles (for example, braids, locks, and twists), color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, marital or domestic partner status, parental or family care status, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, disability or medical condition, genetic characteristic, political affiliation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. It is the policy of Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP to prohibit discrimination, unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment), and retaliation. This commitment prohibits such conduct by any individual involved in MTO's operations and by anyone doing business with or on behalf of Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP.