Ambulatory Clinical Adoption Strategist
Employment Type: Full-Time
Ambulatory Clinical Adoption Strategist
Full Time, FTE: 1; Day shift, Monday-Friday, fill in for other times as needed
NorthBay Health Plaza Bldg
At NorthBay Healthcare the Ambulatory Clinical Adoption Strategist provides clinical adoption support to the medical staff through collaboration, learning and performance support for providers in the ambulatory practices to improve physician satisfaction, reduce redundant work, improve efficiency and quality, and ensure regulatory compliance. Consults with ambulatory provider leadership and others on new projects related to new information technology, orientation, continuing medical education, evidence-based standards, performance improvement initiatives, patient safety activities, and accreditation and/or regulatory requirements. Collaborates with subject matter experts to develop and deliver effective training and support to physicians consistent with business objectives and ensuring optimal and most efficient use of the EHR and other IT assets.
The Ambulatory Clinical Adoption Strategist supports department-based trainers and other resource staff such as IT Analysts, including coaching and mentorship to those in training roles. Provides direct instruction to clinical leadership and physicians in support of new programs, quality improvement efforts, and other projects as assigned.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
* Develops, recommends and implements viable strategies to improve adoption of technology in provider care and treatment operations.
* Strategies should consider provider efficiency and satisfaction, impact to the organization, and sustainability.
* Collaborates with subject matter experts and leaders (including but not limited to Clinical Directors, IT analysts, clinical informaticists, medical staff leaders, and performance improvement coordinators) for the delivery of effective training content to medical staff including primary care providers and specialists.
* Has primary responsibility for contributing adult learning and instructional design expertise.
On organizational teams, contributes project management, group process, and education expertise to business initiatives.
* Is expected to advocate for healthy team processes and strategic alignment of work. Leads teams as assigned.
* Consults with project team in the formulation of practical design and configuration of system solutions to support best-practice standards in ambulatory practices, serving as physician advocate.
* Conducts provider workflow assessments to identify process improvements and develop strategies to align provider activities with the EMR software.
* Conduct outcomes assessments and communicate key findings, conclusions, and recommendations to leadership as well as assess organizational opportunities to improve quality of care and patient safety as it relates to ambulatory provider workflows.
* Responsible for the curriculum development and collateral materials to support assigned training/educational projects.
* Supports the learning and development of physicians and allied health practitioners (AHPs) including, but not limited to, orientation, training, and ongoing development and re-enforcement.
* Responsible for orientation development and planning in collaboration with Clinical Directors, Medical Staff Relations, and Medical Staff Office
* Analyzes available data to identify system improvement to support physician satisfaction, efficiencies and successful adoption of the EHR into daily practice, including use of Cerner LightsOn data and Cerner Playbooks.
* Champions change, articulates vision and demonstrates benefits to medical staff in support of clinical adoption.
Develops and implements strategies to manage the organization change associated with the EMR or other system implementations, upgrades and changes.
* This includes data gathering and analysis, change planning, coaching, measurement planning, and developing physician engagement and adoption strategies.
* Maintains knowledge of regulatory requirements and industry-specific mandates that pertain to ambulatory provider practices and aligns education and support strategies to support clinical adoption.
* Develops and maintains tools as needed to measure and track success of technology adoption in provider care and treatment functions.
* Maintains knowledge of Cerner and other clinical systems including their capabilities, limitations and configuration concepts to develop practical solutions to improve provider use of these systems.
* Supports the learning and performance of department-based super user trainers and resource staff, including but not limited to the delivery of train-the-trainer instruction.
* Directly monitors and coaches on-the-job performance.
* Recommends, implements, and evaluates interventions to ensure competency, build confidence and leadership, promote future state workflow efficiencies, and remove obstacles to strong performance.
* Demonstrates high quality, on-time, and on-budget performance with clinical staff and physician education initiatives.
* Establishes and maintains written procedures and/or guidelines to support future workflows, sufficient to support the continuity when absent.
* Works in alignment with regulatory and strategic directives, and is compliant with System standards.
* Supports the organization's vision, mission, goals and values by serving as a role model and mentor to others.
* Creates a positive, collegial environment among interdisciplinary team members, and other stakeholders.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree required preferably in, healthcare, education, information technology (IT), or Human Resources (HR). Master's degree preferred.
* College level coursework in adult learning, instructional design, group process, organization development, LEAN methodologies, workflow assessments strongly preferred. Current national certification in related area preferred.
* Three years IT, clinical, education and/or process improvement experience required. Hiring manager exercises discretion in assessing past work experience against specific demands of this position for the experience requirement.
* Two years of experience working directly with clinical staff and physicians required.
* Knowledge of medical terminology and patient care workflows required.
* Experience in healthcare organizations, knowledge of accreditation standards strongly preferred.
* Experience with build, implementation, and/or support of clinical information systems, specifically Cerner, strongly preferred.
* Excellent classroom and one-on-one training skills required.
* Instructional design skills preferred.
* Excellent research and analysis, organizational, oral and written communication skills required.
* Formal experience with consulting, facilitation, questioning, and group process skills strongly preferred.
* Intermediate proficiency in word processing and database applications required to support project work. Experience with spreadsheet, presentation required. Web authoring, and project management applications strongly preferred.
* Must demonstrate the highest discipline re: confidentiality.
* Must demonstrate high attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to effectively multi-task and manage multiple projects in a busy office environment essential.
* Ability to build relationships with others to effect work essential.
* Capacity to maintain clear thinking, composure, and respect for others under hostile or unpredictable working conditions essential.
* Ability to communicate effectively and pleasantly to customers reflecting the diversity of the community - internal, external, teenagedadult, staffsenior management - required.
* Must project positively and professionally, consistent with the System's mission, values, and strategic goals.
Hours of Work:
* Training is generally delivered within Monday through Friday, 0800-1700.
* Requires occasional off-site, off-hour work to support pre-planned education, user support, and monitoring activities.
* Requires a high level of comfort with taking initiative and being accountable for team work and service excellence.
* Administrative exempt