Employment Type: Full-Time
Summary of Position:
Greets guests upon their arrival, and provide refills as needed. Remove used tableware between courses; clear and reset tables after guests leave.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Obtain service area assignment at the beginning of each shift.
* Promptly greet guests as they are seated and bring bread, butter and water to table.
* Remove used tableware between and provide tableware for next course.
* Clear tables after guests. Take tableware to dishroom and place silverware, dishes, glassware, etc. in appropriate areas for washing.
* Between seatings promptly clean table tops, chairs and booths. Check floor and clean as required.
* Reset and arrange tabletop.
* Inspect assigned restroom every 30 minutes and clean as needed.
* Respond appropriately to guest requests. Communicate guest requests to server as needed.
* Communicate with server and hostess to assure efficient seating, table utilization and customer service.
* Assist server as needed with food delivery, especially with large parties and during peak periods
* Thank guests as they are leaving
* Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
* No previous restaurant experience required.
* Have working knowledge of the predominant language(s) of our guests.
* Be able to lift, reach, bend and stoop.
* Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).