Facilities Tech 1
Employment Type: Full-Time
As a Maintenance Tech 1 you will be responsible for executing a preventative maintenance program as well as supporting the troubleshooting and diagnostics repairs of the building's material handling equipment. You will also support the Operations team by helping with designing maintenance solutions for difficult problems and maintenance projects. The Maintenance Tech 1 will play an integral role in accomplishing building and department goals.
A day in the life…
* Promote a safe working environment by following all safety procedures
* Support the troubleshooting, maintaining and repairing all aspects of material handling systems & conveyors (such as motor/ reducer issues, belt tracker, belt lacing
* Support the troubleshooting of basic relay logic, ladder diagrams, control components-- photo eyes, motor starters, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, Servo drives, frequency inverters, linear drives, tachs, and encoders.
* Safely operate equipment: forklifts, scissor and boom lifts, hand tools
* Working Knowledge of a work order system
* Create and close out work orders with data including labor hours, equipment maintenance and parts used
* Maintain a positive working relationship across all departments within the Nordstrom facility
* Move up to 49lbs as well as stand and walk during shifts lasting up to 12 hours, with or without reasonable accommodation
You've got this if…
* 1-2 years of experience with conveyors, electrical systems, & building maintenance (preferred)
* Knowledge of operation and repair of material handling equipment.
* Knowledge of power tools, pneumatic, or hydraulic tools.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Basic knowledge of controls systems & PLC's. (preferred)
We've got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
* Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
* Life Insurance and Disability
* Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2021 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.