Continuous Improvement Site Champion, San Bernardino Fulfillment Center - San Bernardino, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Continuous Improvement (CI) Site Champion is the driver and main proponent of establishing a Problem-Solving Culture in each of our operational locations.
The CI Champion will work alongside site leadership and assist in identifying waste and inefficiency, and in developing the team to implement countermeasures and best practices. They will lead the team through change and ensure sustainment of efforts.
A day in the life…
* Support identification of best practices in each operational location and ensure that network standards are aligned.
* Establish and build an employee community where improvement is part of daily work through development and engagement with site leadership.
* Demonstrate the ability to challenge the status-quo and encourage break-through thinking to ensure Continuous Improvement principles are implemented.
* Applies CI principles to projects and ensures tools/processes are in place to sustain gains.
* Analyze opportunities as well as guide and plan actions around safety, quality, people, and productivity initiatives.
* Leads and directs cross-functional teams in Gemba walks, Lean and Kaizen project execution
* Implements, executes, and facilitates the utilization of CI tools to include, but not limited to: 5S, Value Stream Mapping, Visual Management Systems such as Issue Resolution Boards, Standard Work, Kanban, Strategy Deployment
* Partner with Industrial Engineering and Learning & Leadership departments to document standard work instructions and processes
* Facilitate implementation of the Nordstrom CI Management System
* Work closely with site leadership to identify opportunities for improvement
* Coach the site leadership team in achieving the key performance indicators aligned with the site performance goals and strategic objectives.
* Deliver formal and informal training on CI technical and behavioral skills development
* Ensure consistent application of CI methodology and standard work in alignment with CI peers from other locations
* Assist with any additional day to day duties as requested by CI manager
You own this if you have…
* College degree or comparable work experience.
* 3+ years of experience using modern Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement methods (Lean, TPS, etc.)
* Ability to communicate clearly, candidly present information, and influence others through oral presentation
* Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department needs, including nights and weekends
* Ability to adapt and work effectively within a variety of situations
* Ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver on a deadline
* Ability to start and persist on a course of action with a sense of urgency
* Strong computer proficiency, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
We've got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
* Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
* Life Insurance and Disability
* Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2020 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.