Retirement Relationship Manager - 401 - Remote Opportunity
Employment Type: Full-Time
Who We Are
Newport helps companies offer their associates a more secure financial future through retirement plans, insurance and consulting services. Newport offers comprehensive plan solutions and consulting expertise to plan sponsors and the advisors who serve them. As a provider and partner, Newport is independent, experienced and responsive.
Provides pro-active service and communications to retirement plan clients. This includes providing client support, documentation and record keeping, preparation of plan statements, communication of plan information to client, and assists with the modification and enhancement of plan administration processes, within the limits of established policy.
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
* Provides support to clients through a number of channels including phone, letters and emails to quickly resolve the request
* Acts in a pro-active manner with assigned clients and advisors to ensure retention as well as inspire client dedication and engagement to develop positive relationships
* Responsible for interpreting plan documents for client plan administration.
* Provides calculations and amounts to plan sponsors, communicates fund actions, consults with clients to answer inquiries, researches and resolves issues, provides legal updates, and responds to requests for specialized reports
* Assists plan sponsor and intermediaries on the utilization of web-based applications and delivers web demonstrations for financial advisors and plan sponsors.
* Works with clients to correct and fund payroll items and manages distribution requests.
* Coordinates plan compliance testing with the compliance team.
* Participates in sales finals presentations and promotes cross-sell opportunities as needed
Required Education, Experience and Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
* Bachelor's degree in business related field or combination of education and industry experience
* 5+ years of total experience in Retirement Services, with emphasis in the daily 401(k) environment, 403b or IRA areas
* Strong MS Office Skills with an emphasis in Excel
Preferred (but not required) education or skills for this role are
* Preferred ASPPA or CEBS
* Thrives in a fast-paced environment
* Embraces personal growth and wants to be challenged in deadline-driven and multi-component environment
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* Builds collaborative relationships
* Effective time management and organization skills
* Demonstrates initiative
* Forward thinking
* Fosters teamwork
* Results drive/oriented
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Newport offers for employment are conditioned upon satisfactory completion of our employment screening process (including, but not limited to, a review of past employment and education records, background investigation, and/or credit check and fingerprints.)
Newport unequivocally rejects racism and discrimination of any kind and fosters an environment of belonging to provide access and opportunity for all. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.