Internal Advisor Consultant, California
Employment Type: Full-Time
When you join New York Life Investments, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company, you are joining a global investment company with a long history and passion for career development, innovation, collaboration, and diversity, equity and inclusion. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. Through various resources and programs, you can grow your career while developing personally and professionally.
As a top 25 global asset management firm with more than $600 billion in assets under management, we have an important mission: to help build a better financial future for our clients, our employees, and our communities. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life Investments, so we can continue to help people achieve their financial aspirations. To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
Job Function and Key Responsibilities:
* Must have significant experience covering and/or residing, with ability to reside and cover, the specified geographical location
* Responsible for maintaining a highly functioning home office environment with limited technology disruption i.e. high-speed internet service
* Manage territory with external partner to meet or exceed goals
* Conduct consultative, relationship-building sales calls via the telephone with financial advisors and other licensed professionals
* Develop and execute sales plan strategies with members of both external & internal sales teams
* Articulate Mutual fund & ETF objectives while also processing strong capital markets (domestic and international) knowledge
* Identify sales opportunities and advisor needs, cross-sell ideas and introduce new concepts
* Develop asset allocation strategies based on client objectives and risk tolerances
* Handle daily territory management tasks to ensure maximum business efficiency, i.e. update and maintain CRM system
* Generate hypothetical/proposals, for advisors for MainStay Mutual Funds, ETF's and SMA accounts
* Assist with the planning and overall coordination of conferences/seminars/plan participant meetings
FINRA Series 7 and 63 required.
* Bachelor's degree required - Finance/Business major preferred
* Proof of residential history in specific territory and ability to continue residing in specified geographical location required
* Internal Wholesaling experience in this specific territory required
* Understanding of the financial/capital markets; mutual funds, ETF's and SMA's
* Build and expand relationships with predetermined opportunistic list of prospects and clients.
* Fluid relationship and communication skills
* Excellent presentation and organizational skills
* Ability to work independently
* Ability to consistently have high volume of proactive outbound sales activity
* Ability to travel quarterly within territory and or partner conferences
* May have to travel up to 2x a year to home office
* Ability to participate in meetings and training during home office scheduled times (Eastern Standard Time), required
Please note: This role requires FINRA licensed and/or FINRA Associated Person pre-hire fingerprinting. Candidate will be evaluated and compensated in the same manner and structure from the existing, home office, IAC compensation plan.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
Job Requisition ID: 83725