Field Service Technician
Compensation: $33,080.00 - $50,300.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
New Flyer is North America's heavy-duty transit bus leader with locations in Canada in Winnipeg and Arnprior, and facilities in the USA in Crookston, St. Cloud, Ontario, Anniston, Shepherdsville and Jamestown. It offers the most advanced product line under the Xcelsior and Xcelsior CHARGE brands. It also offers infrastructure development through New Flyer Infrastructure Solutions , a service dedicated to providing safe, sustainable, and reliable charging and mobility solutions. New Flyer actively supports over 41,000 heavy-duty transit buses (New Flyer, NABI, and Orion) currently in service, of which 7,300 are powered by electric motors and battery propulsion and 1,600 are zero-emission. Further information is available at www.newflyer.com
This position is responsible for the overall technical product support of assigned fleets perform repair and inspection work, troubleshooting/diagnoses of electrical and mechanical components and bus systems. This includes in-field technical investigation with suppliers on component issues, maintaining logs on technical issues, compliance with company policies, assisting RPSM in warranty situations, gathering product failure information and general on-site customer liaison. Hours of work may vary which will be based on customer needs and access to their facilities.WHAT YOU WILL DO:
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Responsible for the repair and/or inspection of bus at customer facility.
- Supports the Regional Product Support Manager as assigned by the Service Manager or Regional Director.
- Assists customers to quickly accept new bus deliveries by organizing information and supporting the RPSM and Service Manager with technical knowledge of our product through regular daily reports to the Regional Product Support Manager, Service Manager, Product Support Information Specialist, and Regional Directors.
- On-site support to Regional Product Support Manager, Service Manager and customer during acceptance process.
- Provides general on-site contact with customers assigned to ensure satisfaction with New Flyer and its products.
- Supports Regional Product Support Manager and Service Manager to ensure ITS's (Instruction to Service) retrofits and other field repairs are implemented promptly and properly. If required, may coordinate the necessary resources to accomplish results and oversee New Flyer or contracted personnel as required to execute weekend field tech oversight and technical investigations.
- Operate and maintain service vehicles to include the up-keep of tools and equipment used to perform duties.
- Communicates effectively to Regional Product Support Manager, Service Manager and Regional Director through, regular telephone calls, electronic written communication (e-mail, text messages), visits to NFIL departments, and completion of expense reports.
- Reports customer complaints to the Regional Product Support Manager and Service Manager.
New Flyer is an EEO/AAP/Female/Minority/Disabled/Vets Employer*Travel is required for this position, to and from customer locations*WHY JOIN OUR TEAM:
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline and or equivalent experience
- Heavy duty mechanical, hydraulic, air and HVAC system experience
- Computerized system knowledge and troubleshooting experience
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Goal orientated and motivation to achieve tasks within set timelines
- Ability to interpret blueprints, drawings, sketches, schematics and manuals.
- Must possess a valid driver's license to operate company vehicles.
- NFI Group has been named a Manitoba Top Employer for 2020 and this is the tenth since the competition was established in 2007.
- Employee social committee organizes numerous events throughout the year, including summer barbecues, holiday festivities, sporting events and tournaments, and much more.
- Ongoing employee development through a variety of in-house training initiatives along with tuition subsidies for courses at outside institutions.
We exist to move people. Our mission is to design and deliver exceptional transportation solutions that are safe, accessible, e fficient and reliable.ABOUT NFI GROUP:
With over 8,900 team members operating from more than 50 facilities across ten countries, NFI is a leading independent global bus manufacturer providing a comprehensive suite of mass transportation solutions under brands: New Flyer (heavy-duty transit buses), Alexander Dennis Limited (single and double-deck buses), Plaxton (motor coaches), MCI (motor coaches), ARBOC (low-floor cutaway and medium-duty buses), and NFI Parts . NFI buses and motor coaches incorporate the widest range of drive systems available including: clean diesel, natural gas, diesel-electric hybrid, and zero-emission electric (trolley, battery, and fuel cell). In total, NFI now supports over 105,000 buses and coaches currently in service around the world. NFI common shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol NFI. News and information are available at www.nfigroup.com
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.