Sr. Corporate Counsel- Commercial, Corporate and Med Affairs
Employment Type: Full-Time
Who We Are:
At Neurocrine Biosciences, we pride ourselves on having a strong, inclusive, and positive culture based on our shared purpose and values. We know what it takes to be great, and we are as passionate about our people as we are about our purpose - to relieve patient suffering and enhance lives.
What We Do:
Neurocrine Biosciences is a neuroscience-focused, biopharmaceutical company with 28 years of experience discovering and developing life-changing treatments for people with serious, challenging and under-addressed neurological, endocrine and psychiatric disorders. The company's diverse portfolio includes FDA-approved treatments for tardive dyskinesia, Parkinson's disease, endometriosis* and uterine fibroids*, with three pivotal and five mid-stage clinical programs in multiple therapeutic areas. Headquartered in San Diego, Neurocrine Biosciences specializes in targeting and interrupting disease-causing mechanisms involving the interconnected pathways of the nervous and endocrine systems. (*in collaboration with AbbVie)
About the Role:
Addresses a broad array of legal matters to support the Company's Commercial, Corporate Affairs, and Medical Affairs functions. Works closely with other members of the Legal Department and their respective clients to address legal issues across several disciplines. Counsels clients, drafts and negotiates complex commercial arrangements. Advises and trains business clients on contract requirements.
Your Contributions (include, but are not limited to):
* Provides clear and business-savvy legal advice and risk guidance to business partners, key stakeholders related to the following: Commercial activities including review of promotional materials, marketing strategies, salesforce initiatives, and market access issues; multiple activities related to Commercial and compliance with specific legislation (e.g., Anti- Kickback Statute, False Claims Act, and the Food Drug and Cosmetic Act)
* Drafts, negotiates, and advises clients on a broad range of legal and contractual matters to support the Company's business, including but not limited to: distribution agreements, payor agreements, drug pricing matters.
* May draft and manage template legal documents.
* Reviews legal data and advises organization on appropriate legal action to be taken
* Manages outside counsel .
* Other duties as assigned.
* Juris Doctorate (JD) degree and 10+ years practice as an attorney in a well-regarded law firm and experience with a life sciences company, and/or a reputable, highly rated law firm with a focus on representing life science companies, or a combination of both
* An active license to practice law in any state
* Ability to draft and negotiate complex agreements
* Ability to independently identify, analyze and render legal advice on complex issues, and understands the business impact of such advice
* Ability to deliver clear, concise and accurate advice, including the appropriate level of detail and anticipation of follow-up questions
* Ability to build consensus with diverse stakeholders and third parties and form strong, collaborative working relationships with clients
* Demonstrates expertise in several of the following: Law and regulations related to approved product marketing, market access, general corporate matters, employment law, data privacy and healthcare compliance; drafting of transactional documents and service agreements.
* Expertise with respect to corporate compliance and transactional experience is required, including strong contract drafting skills
* Recognized as external expert in a strategic job function
* Requires broad and comprehensive expertise in leading-edge theories and techniques within a strategic job function
* Applies ingenuity and creativity to problem analysis and resolution in complicated and/or novel situations
* Influences internal/external business and/or industry issues that have an impact on Neurocrine
* Ability to drive strategic direction into tactical plans
* Ability to lead multiple teams
* Strong leadership, mentoring skills and abilities typically supervises lower levels and/or leads indirect teams
* Exceptional communications, problem-solving, analytical thinking, influencing skills
* Sets broader picture and longer-term vision for department
* Ability to meet multiple deadlines across a variety of projects/programs, with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency
* Excellent project leadership skills
* Research skills
* Decision-making and planning skills
* Organizational skills
Neurocrine Biosciences is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets employer.