Director, Commercial Operations
Compensation: $112,300.00 - $173,750.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
The Director, Commercial Operations is responsible for the strategic planning and execution of certain commercial activities and marketing tactics.
The person in this position helps develop and facilitate the Promotional Review Committee. In addition, this individual helps execute advisory boards, medical conference activities, commercial/sales meetings and contracts with vendors. Post FDA approval, this person helps manage the operations of the promotional speaker bureau as well as marketing material production and distribution. This position contributes to and supports the company's research and development efforts to create high value therapeutics to address unmet medical needs.
Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company. Participates in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people. Ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements.
- Develop the Promotional Review Committee (PRC) guidelines in partnership with marketing, legal, compliance, regulatory and medical affairs
- Enforce review requirements so that reviewers have specified timeframes for thorough reviews as well as all references and background documents to accompany materials
- Facilitate PRC content review meetings, create agendas at direction of Chair, update status reports, communicate and facilitate progress to gain approval
- Create and publish PRC meeting minutes and ensure follow up actions are documented
- Manage the operations of advisory boards with key opinion leaders
- Collaborate with marketing and medical affairs on the preparation for and execution of medical conference tactics. Coordinate the shipping, receiving and construction of booth, meeting supplies, signage and equipment. Provide operational and logistic support for other conference events
- Collaborate with marketing and sales management to organize and manage commercial/sales meetings. Coordinate and execute on agendas, timelines and action items to ensure events are successful. Coordinate and execute meeting registration, housing and ad hoc meeting requests for participants
- Facilitate the execution of contracts with marketing vendors and physician consultants/advisors
Post FDA Approval:
- Manage the operations of the promotional speaker bureau
- Manage outside agency/supplier production services (receive/approve spec sheets, ensure timeliness of disk releases, recommend changes to job specs/layout redesign as appropriate, ensure SOP adherence and compliance with usage rights of graphic images, trademarks, etc.)
- Manage 3rd party inventory warehouse fulfillment services (field force online ordering system, rework inventory with new components/new labeling, prepare/revise kits, schedule auto shipments to field force)
Other duties as assigned.
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree. 13+ years of relevant experience; 10+ years of management experience preferred. Previous experience working in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or medical device industry. Expert understanding of legal and regulatory environment in pharmaceutical promotions, pharma industry guidelines, and other compliance-related issues. Extensive PRC management experience. Extensive commercial or marketing operations experience
- Ability to plan, integrate, document and communicate projects and workstreams
- Excellent project and task management skills including proactivity, planning, prioritization, objective setting, meeting management and plan execution
- Good problem solving, follow-through, and agility required
- While being organized, and logical, must balance this with a high degree of flexibility to change direction when needed
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams, prioritize and manage multiple projects and proactively drive opportunities to meet commercial objectives
- Excellent organizational savvy and influence skills, including the ability to lead without authority
- Ability to communicate to a range of audiences
- Ability to effectively translate concepts and stories into slide presentations
- Ability to think and work autonomously
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Nektar Therapeutics will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in the manner proscribed by the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Associated topics: administrative, administrative assistant, administrative coordinator, administrative officer, administrative staff, beverage, front desk, front office, food, support
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...