Employment Type: Full-Time
NEIMAN MARCUS GROUP
Neiman Marcus Group (NMG) has been the premier destination for luxury fashion and goods, superior service, and an elevated retail experience for more than a century. Today, 9,000 associates contribute to the success of NMG's brands: Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Last Call, and Horchow. There are 38 full-line Neiman Marcus stores in cosmopolitan markets across the United States and a sophisticated digital platform that attracts shoppers worldwide. Bergdorf Goodman operates two stores in landmark locations on Fifth Avenue in New York City and BergdorfGoodman.com, catering to loyal luxury customers globally. NMG also owns five Last Call stores and Horchow.com, an e-commerce site that offers premium furniture and home decor.
As an organization, NMG is on a transformational journey to become the preeminent luxury customer platform. NMG continues to deliver the best integrated customer experience and has evolved the business to succeed in the ever-changing retail landscape. NMG is a relationship business. What differentiates the organization from other luxury retailers are its unique assets: a strong store footprint, the most knowledgeable associates, an engaging online experience, solid brand partnerships, innovative digital and in-store experiences, the most loyal luxury customer base, and a strong balance sheet.
Our customers will always be at the center of everything NMG does. The company continues to reinvest in new technologies that enhance the customer experience. NMG meets customers where they are. NMG's goal is to offer customers a seamless experience across its stores, online, and remote digital selling.
NMG's priority is to develop a highly engaged and high-performing team where everyone belongs. The business attracts and retains best-in-class talent through unique offerings provided to associates in addition to standard employer benefits. These include an innovative way of working, associate discounts on merchandise, tuition reimbursement, associate hardship fund, and paid time off to volunteer, to name a few.
As part of NMG's Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) work, the organization is focused on driving its core value of being 'All Heart.' NMG is also assessing its current environmental and social impact while developing a three-year plan to lead the luxury industry in its commitment and transparency to environmental and social sustainability. NMG strives to become an employer of choice, driven by a culture of Belonging. A dedicated team focuses on this journey, directly impacting how NMG conducts business throughout the workforce, workplace, and marketplace dimensions.
NMG has incredibly passionate and committed corporate and store associates. NMG offers associates an environment where everyone feels welcomed, nurtured, and empowered. Our associates are the heart of NMG. As an organization, NMG leads with love - love for customers, love for associates, and love for brand partners.
The Lead Selling Associate is responsible for driving sales, establishing and maintaining customer relationships by delivering superior customer service. The Lead assists in the merchandising and maintenance of the floor and corresponding stockroom area. The Selling Lead also acts as a Manager on Duty and assists in leading the store's daily operations. The Selling Lead is responsible for engaging and understanding what the customer is looking for in order to use their product knowledge to make recommendations to the customer. The Selling Lead also acts as a product knowledge expert within their department. This position reports directly to the Assistant Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager, Merchandising.
* Lead the selling effort to achieve department sales plan; communicate sales goals to team and follow up on progress
* Exhibit sales leadership
* Perform Manager on Duty responsibilities when scheduled, including overseeing total store operations, responding to customer service issues, prioritizing and delegating associate workload and responding to staffing concerns appropriately
* Support the onboarding process for new associates and deliver technical training in areas such as point of sale execution, new account acquisition, merchandising standards, vendor knowledge and customer service
* Objectively assess associate performance and provide feedback to management to address development opportunities
* Foster a positive work environment by delivering recognition
* Teach associates tools used to grow sales, including clientele books, clientele call campaigns, Sales Associate Email
* Support execution of weekly promotional signing changes and effectively communicate the current sales promotion to associates
* Assist customers in a timely, efficient and courteous manner delivering superior customer service. Utilize suggestive selling techniques and assist with merchandise selection and merchandise returns
* Knowledge of the sales floor and product. Able to articulate advantages, benefits and/or fits of various vendors with customers and associates
* Move and flow merchandise autonomously. Maintain the floor according to company directed standards. Maintain department area by size/vendor/silhouette/color/price and discounts
* Fulfill phone and online orders to support the omni-channel customer experience
* Communicate product in-stock needs to management as needed
* Perform other duties as required
* Lead Selling Associates must be willing to work a flexible schedule based on business need, which will include evenings, weekends and holidays.
* 3 years of retail experience is preferred
* Must have excellent communication skills and be multitask oriented
* Must have strong organizational and problem solving skills
* Requires the ability to perform general math computations
* Possess basic computer skills, ability to use cash register
* Ability to operate photographic and video equipment
* Capable of performing some lifting of up to 25 pounds