Employment Type: Full-Time
The Registered Nurse (RN) works to support the mission and vision of Neighborhood Healthcare by providing excellent patient-centered care and services within a dynamic team environment. To achieve these ends the Registered Nurse works to improve overall patient satisfaction and well-being by demonstrating and living the company values: Compassion, Above & Beyond, Generosity, Integrity, and Teamwork.
DIRECT PATIENT CARE
* Triage patients: assess concerns to determine appropriate care needed.
* Perform clinical procedures such as injections, wound care, dressing changes, catheter insertion or removal, and administering breathing treatments.
* Respond to lifesaving situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and protocol.
* Respond to patient telephone inquiries and Provider requests regarding medical concerns, lab results, refills, and referrals.
* Responsible for cross-coverage: determine urgency of pending lab results, diagnostic imaging, and medication refills requested during Provider absence.
* Appropriately document patient encounters and care plans in electronic health records system.
* Provides support and oversight to Medical Assistant clinical competencies.
* Initiate patient education plan according to individualized needs, including patient and family instruction.
* Provide on-going support and continuous assessment for International Normalized Ratio (INR) patients.
* Educate and instruct patients regarding lab tests, results, medication functions, and expectations to gain cooperation and allay apprehension.
* Maintain privacy of all patient, employee, and volunteer information and access such information only on a need to know basis for business purposes.
* Comply with all regulations regarding corporate integrity and security obligations. Report all behaviors and/or activities that are unethical, fraudulent, or unlawful.
Skills: Strong critical thinking skills. Use sound judgment and apply nursing assessment techniques efficiently and with confidence. Ability to be flexible with changing priorities and multiple time sensitive deadlines. Use emotional and cultural intelligence to provide appropriate communication and resolve conflicts. Work as part of the team while providing leadership and taking initiative to advance clinic operations. Deliver care while exemplifying compassion to patients and team members. Able to troubleshoot situations based on a strong understanding of nursing skills. Proficient in an electronic health records system and Microsoft Office Suite-Outlook and Word. Bilingual(English/Arabic) preferred.
Education: CA Registered Nurse License. Current BLS certification.
Experience: At least 2 years of experience in clinic, outpatient, or general medicine required. Current BLS certification. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Candidate must be fully vaccinated against the Covid19 virus and demonstrate proof of that vaccine upon hire, unless the employee is approved for a disability or religious accommodation.