Employment Type: Full-Time
Are you an experienced Medical Assistant looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the community? Do you want a rewarding and well-paying position? Do you want to work for an organization that you can be proud of? Consider lending your talents and compassion working with San Diego's underserved population. Join our team at Neighborhood Healthcare!!
Founded in 1969 and incorporated in 1971, Neighborhood Healthcare is an award-winning organization that is known for excelling at its mission. The mission has remained the same over the years: to provide quality health care and promote wellness to everyone in our communities, focusing on those most in need regardless of the ability to pay.
NHC Perks…why CHOOSE Neighborhood Healthcare?
* Pay starts at $18.00 per hour. Hourly rate increases are commensurate with experience.
* Benefits-Anthem Blue Cross medical insurance coverage. Low premiums, no yearly deductible.
* Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
* Matching 403B
* Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
* Employee Referral Incentive
* Employee Assistance Program
* Group Life and AD&D Insurance
* Vacation/ Sick time (paid time off)-Full time employees will accrue over 10 hours per month.
Medical Assistants work to support the mission and vision of Neighborhood Healthcare by providing excellent patient-centered care and services within a dynamic team environment. To achieve these ends, the Medical Assistant supports Providers and ensures efficient patient-centered care by demonstrating and living the company values: Compassion, Above & Beyond, Generosity, Integrity, and Teamwork.
* Provide care to patients. Performs basic administrative and technical support services within the scope of a medical assistant. Works with patients, families and other customers and handles inquiries in a responsive and professional manner.
* High School Diploma or GED.
* MA certificate from an accredited program.
* Minimum of 1 year of experience preferred.
* Knowledge of medical procedures and terminology. Proficient with electronic health records systems.
* Intermediate computer and data entry skills.
* Ability to be flexible with changing priorities and multiple time sensitive deadlines.
* Bilingual English/Spanish is required. (Must be able to pass Language Proficiency Test)
Medical Assistants will need their own watch with a second hand to count the pulse rate per minute and the respiratory rate per minute. Must wear the watch at all times during shift.