Shipping Associate, San Marcos
Employment Type: Full-Time
Assemble orders and prepare goods for shipment. Count, measure or weigh articles to verify contents of shipments against bills of lading, invoices or storage receipts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Compare identifying information and counts, weighs or measures items of outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
* Unload and unpack incoming shipments.
* Package shipments in accordance with established work instructions, procedures and specifications utilizing required packaging materials.
* Print packing slips; track serial numbers applicable to daily shipments.
* Examine outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
* Examine articles for defects; sort articles according to extent of defect; record factors causing goods to be returned.
* Process material from Inspection to stock location in Stockroom.
* Interface with freight carriers.
* Enter daily shipping transactions into Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, as required.
* Work with all departments to ensure shipments are on time. Communicate any issues to supervisor.
* Train and perform Quality Management Systems cross-functional internal audits.
* Comply with all in-house training as identified in job specific family and or specific training plan.
* Support all corporate and site 6S objectives.
* Perform all other duties, as assigned.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Ability to successfully prioritize and manage multiple priorities.
* Basic understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Detail oriented & good math skills.
* Ability to lift/carry minimum of 40 lbs.; ability to stand, bend, push, lift/carry and stoop at least 8 hours per day.
* High School diploma/GED or equivalent experience.
* 1-3 year's of experience in shipping in a warehouse or contract manufacturing environment.
* Fork Lift experience preferred.