Account Executive - Urology - San Diego
Employment Type: Full-Time
Myriad Urology is looking for an Account Executive who is passionate about improving the lives of patients with prostate cancer risk and/or diagnosis. As an Account Executive for Myriad Urology, you will focus on developing business for Myriad Urology; promoting Prolaris®, BRACAnalysis CDx and MyRisk to hospitals, hospital systems, large practices and oncology-specific institutions. The Prolaris® test from Myriad Genetics is the only biomarker test on the market with an Active Surveillance Threshold that has been clinically validated and proven to work in initially untreated patients.
Job Responsibilities and Competencies
* Increase the Prolaris test orders and promote and increase MyRisk and BRACANanalysis CDx test orders; identify and implement an action plan to drive growth
* Target and focus sales efforts on urologists, urologic oncologists, and affiliated pathologists
* Grow weekly order volumes by teaching, tailoring, and taking control of customer conversations in community, large group, and academic practice settings
* Offer unique perspectives to customers, drive two-way communication with targeted physicians, learn and understand practice value and economic drivers and influence customers to adopt a different approach to prostate cancer risk assessment and treatment
The clinical challenge facing physicians and their patients newly diagnosed with prostate cancer is whether to choose definitive therapy such as surgery or radiation, which have potentially significant complications, or to monitor the patient's cancer through active surveillance or watchful waiting. Unfortunately, existing clinical parameters (PSA, Gleason score, and stage) used to make this difficult decision do not adequately predict which cancers are indolent or aggressive, resulting in both under treatment and overtreatment of men with prostate cancer.
Myriad Genetic Laboratories discovered and validated Prolaris, a novel RNA expression-based prognostic test, to fulfil this pressing unmet clinical need. Prolaris directly measures tumor cell growth characteristics in order to stratify patients with localized prostate cancer according to disease aggressiveness. More than 700 urologists and urologic oncologists in the U.S. have used the test to identify both low-risk patients who may be monitored through active surveillance or watchful waiting, as well as high-risk patients who may benefit from earlier definitive treatment. Prolaris is the only molecular test in its category with 6 peer-reviewed publications supporting its clinical validity and two forthcoming publications that demonstrate significant change in treatment selections as a result of the test.
* BS/BA degree and minimum of two years of sales experience, preferably in medical device, pharmaceuticals, or related healthcare services
* Experience in the urology and/or urologic oncology therapeutic area is preferred
* Able to work independently with strong work ethic
* Must demonstrate a high level of scientific/medical knowledge
* Working knowledge and application of HIPAA laws, privacy, and ethics surrounding patient privacy and information
* Demonstrates values and ethics that support Myriad's mission, goals, and professional code of conduct
* Ability to resist pressure to compromise corporate values despite pressure to make sales
* Uses discretion and professionalism as it relates to handling patient and physician information and documentation
* Track record of demonstrating integrity, even when inconvenient
* Valid driver's license and driving record that meets safe and satisfactory criteria per Myriad's motor vehicle driving record policy
* Travel up to 70% of time with some overnight travel - up to 2-3 nights monthly