Regional Bank Financial Analyst
Employment Type: Full-Time
Regional Bank Financial Analyst
* Requisition # 10041225-WD
* Job Type Day
* Location Los Angeles, CALIFORNIA
* Date Posted 02/11/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020). In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Provide comprehensive and complex financial analyses to a department or group as an individual contributor or consultant. Prepare complex analytical reports and financial statements. Conduct and direct highly technical accounting-based research and analysis projects. Make presentations and recommendations to management.
Major Responsibilities include:
* Conduct and direct complex financial studies such as acquisition analysis, detailed financial plans, interest rate analysis, operating forecasts, peer group comparisons, or determining the financial impact of regulatory requirements.
* Provide written analysis and interpretation of results.
* Develop and run complex financial models to produce projections, simulate scenarios, and obtain comparative financial data.
* Establish financial assumptions and critical decision variables.
* Test for consistency and validity.
* Develop, interpret, and implement financial concepts for planning and control.
* Prepare complex analytical reports and financial statements.
* Maintain a financial system or database.
* Run complex reports and/or programs; develop new applications as needed.
* Act as liaison between department and systems personnel to develop or enhance systems.
Education and Experience Requirements:
* Typically requires a degree from a four-year college (e.g., B.A., B.S.) and 4 ' 5 + years of technical experience as a Financial Analyst or equivalent, comparable experience.
* Requires the ability to develop and design complex spreadsheets, databases, or report formats (based on a business need) to be used by other people.
* May be required to provide work direction for other analysts.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.