Technical Outside Sales Representative
Employment Type: Full-Time
MRC Global serves the oil and gas industry across the upstream, midstream and downstream sectors as well as the chemical and gas distribution market sectors worldwide. We have an immediate opening for a Technical Outside Sales Representative (TOSR).
Job Purpose: Provide a direct contact for external customers in the selling of Valves, Automation, and Controls products and services and all follow-up activities needed to ensure good, future customer relations; other responsibilities will include the handling of specific, key customers.
Individual must be able to perform the essential duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Analyze assigned territory for new customers and markets, and established customers and market trends;
* Perform functions of sales representatives regarding the maintenance of customer files, entering of sales orders, expediting duties, and working up price bids;
* Demonstrate product specifications to customer at the on-site location;
* Establish excellent rapport with customers in assigned territory to gain customer confidence and relationships with MRC Global, our products, and job quote;
* Conduct sales forecasts, seminars, demonstration of product specifications, and other requests for inside sales representatives and customers, as needed;
* Research and develop information on new construction projects;
* Work with Regional and local management regarding customer account information, delivery times, and customer feedback on products and services;
* Inform other MRC Global locations of actions which may incur changes to that branch's operating procedures;
* Handle customer concerns, complaints, and corrective actions concerning MRC Global products, services, and personnel;
* Negotiate with vendors for best product prices;
* Assist in the training of new Outside Sale Representative personnel;
* Handle confidential information relating to product and resale cost and expense items;
* Perform other duties or projects as assigned;
* Take reasonable care for the safety and health of yourself and others; report workplace hazards, injuries, or illness immediately.
Any combination of requirements, which provide knowledge and abilities necessary to perform essential duties and responsibilities, will be considered.
* Undergraduate degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience that provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work;
* Valid Driver's License with the ability to meet the MRC Global vehicle policy;
* Regional travel as required;
* Knowledge of Automation and Control material;
* Ability to work in conjunction with Sales and Marketing groups in the specification of MRC Global Controls equipment per customer requirements;
* Ability to learn new procedures and functions as needed, strong reasoning skills, reading skills, excellent business skills, excellent math skills, excellent analytical skills and problem-solving skills;
* Typing and Computer Skills including PC software, MRC Global specific software and knowledge of operating standard office machines;
* Strong time management, organization and the ability to multitask;
* Excellent communication skills;
* Dependable and prompt with a strong sense of urgency;
* Ability, confidence and integrity to take risks and work independently;
* Flexibility to provide 24-hour support to customers.
* Must have the ability to provide documentation verifying legal work status;
* Ability to read and speak the English language proficiently in order to communicate with others, understand and interpret safety instructions, and to respond to inquiries;
* Ability to understand and comply with MRC guidelines and expectations, to include Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest guidelines.
For position-specific details regarding the physical and mental demands and working conditions, contact Human Resources. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform essential functions.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.