Sales Development Representative
Employment Type: Full-Time
Mountain Valley Express is California?s premier LTL trucking company. We have grown to 9 terminals throughout California, Nevada and Arizona.
We have an immediate opportunity for an experienced Sales Development Representative professional to join our award winning team!
GLS Sales Development Representatives is always on the hunt for new business opportunities. They excel within their role by prospecting leads and connecting with new customers by offering solutions to pain points. An ambitious salesperson that can learn new concepts quickly and work in conjunction with your paired Strategic Account Manager to develop growth of your assigned sales territory.
* Mastery the GLS-US value proposition for (Parcel & Freight).
* Must have exceptional negotiating skills and the ability to think critically to identify solutions to customer pain points.
* Understands the use of the company profile database to generate and identify new sales opportunities through customer vetting, analysis, and discovery
* Utilize a consultative sales approach while prospecting for leads to a build a pipeline, including cold-calling, emailing, social networking, referrals and face-to-face sales
* Work within an assigned sales territory to secure new business and propel growth of customer base
* Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Possess the ability to navigate efficiently in all Microsoft based platforms and Salesforce is a plus
* Maintain and update accurate information in the company?s operating CRM system
* Understands the use of the company profile database to hunt for new opportunities
* Use both traditional and electronic communication tools to contact prospective, current and former customers to identify new business opportunities
* Set up of face-to-face Appointments or Zoom Calls to be set up for paired Strategic Account Manager
* Meet and/or exceed monthly sales targets and related goals.
What We Expect from You:
A well organized, competitive, and motivated mindset and a passion for new business development.
* Proven success generating/qualifying leads through prospecting new business with a 'hunter' mentality
* High energy, with a passion for your personal brand and the ability to carry yourself like an executive
* Team-oriented peer, with a thirst to compete to be the most valuable player
* Ability to think strategically about the personal impact to the client's long-term business strategy
* Comfortable in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
* Effective communicator with a strong business acumen and intuition
* Self-starter with strong organization & presentation skills
* Excel and analytical skills and experience
* Attention to detail to drive profitability
Benefits: We value our employees and offer an excellent benefit package after 60 days of employment. This package includes: Medical, Dental and Vision. 401k is available after 1 year of employment.