Senior SRE - Ops Heavy
Employment Type: Full-Time
My client offers a free TV streaming service that was recently acquired by ViacomCBS. They specialize is select web-series content partnering with some of Viacom's other mediums. They are currently building out a new SRE organization and are looking to add a Senior SRE to the team. The ideal candidate will be well versed in AWS and it's suite of offerings, as well as Terraform, ECS or EKS, and scripting with Bash or Python.
Required Skills & Experience
* 7+ years' experience in software development
* Degree in Computer Science or related or equivalent work experience
* Experience designing, implementing and running Node.js servers in demanding high traffic environments
* Experience building service-oriented APIs (GraphQL and REST API) and cloud services (preferable against AWS)
* Fully understands the concepts of 'infrastructure as code'
* Experience writing for and deploying to AWS leveraging microservices
* Extremely technical hands-on server software experience
Desired Skills & Experience
* HLS video transcoding, distribution and playback
* Competitive Salary: Up to $75-85/hr, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
* Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
* Paid Sick Time Leave
* Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.