Principal IT Security Architect / Renowned University /
Employment Type: Full-Time
This renowned University is located in the Greater Los Angeles area and is looking for a tenured Principal IT Security Architect. As a key member of the IT Security team, the Principal IT Security Architect is responsible for driving IT security programs, projects and frameworks that ensure the university is proactively protected from cyber-security threats.
Required Skills & Experience
* Eight or more years of technical experience with information security management, product management or business development, software engineering, program or project management, and/or operations experience with an emphasis on information security and compliance.
* Expert level skill in IT security architectures, standards, frameworks, and methods with exposure to cloud computing, compliance frameworks, identity and access management, service-oriented architectures, distributed systems, networking and/or modern application architectures.
* Demonstrated knowledge and experience with enterprise security architecture frameworks and standards (e.g. NIST CSF, SANS Critical Controls, NIST 800-53, ISO 27002)
* Expert knowledge of networking protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS), network security methodologies, network access, identity, and access management (e.g. public key infrastructure, Oauth, OpenID, SAML, SPML).
* Expert knowledge and skill with application firewall concepts and functions (e.g. single point of authentication enforcement, data anonymization, DLP scanning, SSL security); skilled in the configuration of routers, switches, servers and operating systems (i.e. Windows, Unix/Linux).
* Knowledge of business continuity and disaster recovery operation planning and approaches.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems OR equivalent relevant professional experience and training.
Desired Skills & Experience
* CISSP, GIAC, CISM, CISSP-ISSAP, or other certifications addressing security and risk management, asset security, security engineering, communications and network security.
* Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems.
* Competitive Salary: Up to $180K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
* Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
* Paid Sick Time Leave
* Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.