Skybar Seasonal Security Mondrian LA
Employment Type: Full-Time
A global tribe of individuals, partners and progressives, devoted to creating extraordinary experiences for our community throughout our proprietary brands - we are sbe.
Visionaries at the forefront of hospitality, cuisine, design, residences and entertainment, our lifestyle moments are forged with highly-curated and passionate service.
We are committed to authenticity, sophistication, mastery and innovation.
Our stage is the world. Our time is now.
With this in mind, we foster a family environment built on values that describe our lifestyle, experiences and how we see the world. When you have a tribe such as ours and place it in and around the collection of accommodations, restaurants, nightlife, retail and gaming, you create a force that cannot be replicated by anyone else. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Duties & Functions:
* Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment
* Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (eg, evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters)
* Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor
* Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises
* Lock property entrances during designated times
* Respond to the scene of guest or employee accidents and determine if emergency aid is required
* Administer first aid/CPR to guests or employees as required
* Notify manager/supervisor, local police, or other appropriate individuals in the event of accidents, attacks, or other incidents
* Communicate specified information regarding guest or employee accidents to EMS/medical personnel as required
* Defuse guest or employee disturbances/altercations in accordance with company policies and procedures, including summoning appropriate authorities if necessary, and documenting incident
* Complete incident reports to document all Security/Loss Prevention related incidents such as theft, accidents, physical hazards, and fire alarms
* Handle business interruptions and complaints, such as suspicious individuals, civil disturbances or demonstrations, noise complaints, intoxicated individuals, etc
* Escort any unwelcome persons (eg, trespassers, loiterers) from the property without interrupting the orderly flow of property operation
* Call for assistance using proper code responses
Specific Job Knowledge & Skills:
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
* One to two years in a public contact position, preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel
* Enter and locate work related information using computers and/or point of sale systems
* Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
* Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
* Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
* Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
* Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
* Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance
* Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity
* Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift
* Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. This job description reflects the job content at the time of writing and will be subject to periodic change in light of changing operational and environmental requirements. Such changes will be discussed with the job holder and the job description amended accordingly. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel which may include overtime, weekends and holidays. The employee will carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager or Head of Department/Division.
The employee will actively follow sbe policies including Equal Opportunities policies and will maintain an awareness and observation of Fire and Health & Safety Regulations.