Food and Beverage Manager, Hyde Lounge at Staples Center
Employment Type: Full-Time
Disruptive Restaurant Group, a subsidiary of SBE, the Los Angeles-based leading lifestyle hospitality company, dedicated to setting new restaurant standards in service, cuisine and the employment experience. Our goal is to collaborate with talented restaurant professionals and offer opportunities to learn and grow within the industry. We seek inspired candidates who are passionate about food and hospitality. Fine dining experience is preferred, but we will train the right person in all aspects of their position.
Food and Beverage Manager - Hyde Staples Center
The Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for assisting in overseeing the operation and staff of all food and beverage departments on property and to maintain the highest level of standards and efficiency.
The Manager of F&B is assists in supervising and directing all property food and beverage operations, while maintaining a profitable F&B department and high quality products and service levels. He/she is expected to market ideas to promote business; reduce employee turnover; maintain revenue and payroll budgets; and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality consistently high.
Responsibilities / Duties
* Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
* Supervise all F&B personnel.
* Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
* Prepare the F&B budget and monitor department performance with respect to the same. Perform any necessary follow-up, including forecasting.
* Monitor industry trends, take appropriate action to maintain competitive and profitable operations.
* Work with other Executive Committee members and keep them informed of F&B issues as they arise.
* Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention.
* Coordinate and monitor all phases of Loss Prevention in the F&B department.
* Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
* Organize and conduct department meetings on a regular basis.
* Monitor quality of service and product.
* Cooperate in menu planning and preparation.
* Ensure timely purchase of F&B items, within budget allocation.
* Oversee operations of the employee cafeteria.
* Ensure compliance with all local liquor laws, and health and sanitation regulations.
* Ensure departmental compliance with SOP's.
* Ensure the training of department heads on SOP's, report preparation, technical job tasks.
* Interview candidates for front-of-house F&B positions and follow standards for hiring approvals.
* Conduct and/or attend all required meetings, including pre-convention and post-convention meetings.
* Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
* Long hours sometimes required.
* Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, including wearing nametags.
* Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
* Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
* Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
* Perform other duties as requested by management.
* Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
* At least 3 years of progressive experience in hospitality field or a 4-year college degree and at least 3 years of related experience; or a 2-year college degree and 4 or more years of related experience.
* Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
* Must have knowledge of F&B preparation techniques, health department rules and regulations, liquor laws and regulations.
* Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
* Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
* Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
Must be able to provide documentation that shows you are authorized to work in the United States.
Education / Experience / Credentials
Bachelor's degree preferred. Minimum of five (5) years' relevant experience in field with working knowledge of operations. It is the employee's responsibility to secure and maintain current status of all required certificates, licenses, or registrations when required by local, state, or federal government agencies.
Must have the ability to speak, read, write, and interpret business documents in the English language.
This position may require the ability to travel nationally, to multiple business units, as needed. Must have access to reliable transportation locally, as this position may require some time to be spent at the corporate office and at business units locally.
This position will be based at Staples Center. Personal protective equipment is always required, as well as following social distancing guidelines, and health and safety measures of hand sanitizing and cleaning procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable people with a disability to perform the described essential functions where possible.
This position often requires sitting and using hands and fingers to operate a computer or phone; requires ability to talk and hear, communicating clearly through phone and internet meetings. Vision abilities required Position frequently requires standing, walking, reaching with arms and hands, and occasionally climbing or balancing, and stooping, kneeling, and crouching. The vision abilities required to perform this job include close vision.
Lifting between 5 to 20 pounds is sometimes required.
Candidates understand that the business concept is based on a hospitality and lifestyle brand, which includes the service of food and alcoholic beverages. Candidates acknowledge and understand that accepting employment with the Company, may require presence at a venue, which may include exposure to the following: smoke from cigarettes and cigars; loud music and other sounds; individuals under the influence of alcohol; women and men in sexy and/or sexually provocative clothing.
We have a policy of zero tolerance for harassment or discrimination by any employee, vendor or guest. Nothing herein shall prevent or discourage an employee from notifying the Company if they are exposed to conduct of any type which makes them feel uncomfortable when performing their job duties.
This job description has been approved by the Company. Please note this job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature, level and expectation of the work to be performed. It is not designed to cover a complete list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or activities associated with this position, as they may change at any time, with or without notice.