Investment Banking Technology Associate - Menlo Park
Employment Type: Full-Time
Morgan Stanley's Banking Group provides industry, regional and product expertise to corporations, institutions and government clients in order to develop and execute innovative and customized solutions to the most challenging strategic and financing issues faced in the global marketplace. The Banking Group is comprised of a number of industry groups that work closely with product team members in Mergers & Acquisitions, Global Capital Markets, Real Estate, and other industry groups throughout the Firm to provide relevant market insight, product creativity, and execution expertise to clients. These solutions include initial public offerings; public and private equity and equity-linked financings; mergers, acquisitions and restructurings; defense advisory assignments; strategic partnerships; public and private debt placements; share repurchases; and hedging, swaps and derivative transactions.
Our Menlo Park office is looking for Associates to join the Investment Banking Technology team focused on M&A or as a Generalist. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with regional and international clients on a wide range of complex transactions including acquisitions, divestitures, mergers, joint ventures, corporate restructurings, shareholder relations, recapitalizations, demergers, leveraged buyouts and defenses against unsolicited takeover attempts, strategic advisory assignments and executions of public and private capital markets transactions. The successful candidate will work closely with professionals throughout the firm to deliver high quality advice to our clients. You will play an important role on a team that includes senior professionals who will encourage you to go beyond the numbers and think creatively.
* 3-5 years of experience within the investment banking industry as an Analyst and/or Associate with a proven track record working on executed deals across M&A and various industry sectors
* Experience in the technology industry is preferred, but not required
* Commercial instinct and ability to perform under pressure and tight deadlines
* Comfortable reading and interpreting financial statements
* Extraordinarily high level of motivation and commitment to working hard
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Interest in developing a career in Technology Investment Banking
* Bachelor's degree required; an MBA, CA and/or CFA designation would be an asset
* Series licensing or must obtain