Regional Supply Chain Manager - Americas West
Employment Type: Full-Time
Under the direction of the Director, Regional Supply Chain, this position is directly responsible for management of team performance and relationships for supplier assignments within regional supply chain organization. This position is responsible for the holistic management of the regional supply chain organization. The responsibilities are leading team members consisting of Senior Supplier Leads and Supplier Leads within the regional team. Key functions include: coordinating supplier assignments, resource planning, improving risk management and supplier performance processes. The incumbent is expected to lead mission success efforts across sites.
In this position, the incumbent helps develop plans addressing the following: systemic supplier performance (both quality and delivery), supplier risk management, and operational execution of regional suppliers.
* Lead the effort to establish and maintain an effective Supply Chain strategy to support supply chain performance and relationships.
* Monitors team's work load and prioritize by supplier, commodity and individual assignments.
* Develop, build and lead regional supply chain team that drives tactical and strategic initiatives that optimize supplier performance, and supports internal/external customer requirements.
* Lead cross-functional teams for process improvements of the supply chain both within Moog and suppliers.
* Lead & train cross-functional teams in formal problem solving events using 5Y, 8D or similar Lean problem solving processes.
* Coach and mentor staff within the regional supply chain organization. This includes, one to one meetings, overall team meetings and regular individual performance evaluations. Must have the skills and capability required to supervise and manage direct reports.
* Develop and manage department budget expenses.
* Must have or be able to rapidly develop familiarity with the major customers, products, manufacturing processes, and suppliers of the region.
* Ability to work with minimum supervision.
* Knowledge of overall regional supply chain manufacturing processes.
* Knowledge and understanding of trade compliance laws and regulations.
* Willingness to travel to suppliers and customers (about 20-30%).
* BA or BS degree in the field of Business, Engineering, Supply Chain or related fields.
* Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience (usually post-education) in the field of Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Engineering and/or Quality
* Strong communication skills are required in the form of written, verbal and presentation.
* Incumbent should have the ability to effectively communicate with, and influence, Supply Chain staff, which is made up of many disciplines, at all management levels. This also includes communications with Moog customers.
* Proven specific capabilities in understanding and communicating the technical aspects of the goods and services procured and abilities to form and lead teams.
* Ability to relocate to Torrance, CA (Los Angeles County area).
Desirable qualifications would include:
* Green/Black Belt and/or Six Sigma certified, Lean Certification and Supply Chain Management.
* Materials Management experience including background in Planning , SIOP , and similar processes.
* Blue print reading and understanding of material specifications and secondary operations.
* MS Office skills required. Demonstrated ability to create spreadsheets complete complex analysis
You can do this!
Moog is a performance culture that empowers people to achieve great things. Our people enjoy tackling interesting technical challenges in a culture where everyone trust each other to do the right thing. For you, working with us can mean deeper job satisfaction, better rewards, and a great quality of life inside and outside of work.
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity