Employment Type: Full-Time
Live Your Passion. Add Your Magic.
At Montage International, we are doing something different, something exciting and it takes passionate people to bring our vision to life. We have built a culture that leads with the important notion we live by every day; do what you love. If this resonates with you, we look forward to receiving your application.
The Busser position requires you to primarily assist the Server staff's needs. You will be responsible for the stocking, cleaning, and overall flow of your section. You will also be actively marketing yourself and through various social media outreach and staff outings. This role will contribute to the organization as an active business partner that is responsible for supporting the company's goals, objectives, vision, mission, and values.
Major areas of responsibility/ management include, but are not limited to:
* Consistently following Food & Beverage sequence of service utilizing all proper procedures standardized by the restaurant managers and chefs. Assist in providing analytical support and decision making tools to leadership team to help exceed desired business results.
* Participating in weekly marketing requirements and outings and actively marketing the venue and yourself. You are encouraged to make weekly table reservations and build the venue database through networking and completing data cards and building and establishing personal clientele
* Setting and resetting of tables before, during and after service periods with clean polished silverware, glassware, share plates and napkins as necessary. Pre-bussing and bussing of tables during service period; assisting servers with service steps where necessary.
* Clean all spills, and broken glassware/dishes immediately, use floor signs when necessary.
* Cleaning of all equipment, tools, and supplies and maintaining equipment in good working order while following all procedures and policies set forth by the company, division, department and County health department.
* Work as a team and effectively communicate with management, bartenders and service staff in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests and or other associates.
* 2 years' experience as a busser in a similar, high-volume restaurant or 6 months required in a fine dining establishment.
* Previous experience with a similar hospitality company is preferred.
* Experience in and ability to meet marketing and social media requirements outlined by management using social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. and be an active participant in social media
* Must possess good attitude, attention to detail, and ability to work under pressure.
* Excellent customer service skills and a working knowledge of Spirits, Wine and Food are required.
* Must have oral and written English language skills.
* Must be 21 years of age and possess Tips and Food Handlers cards.
Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill tasks. Must be physically able to lift and carry heavy trays and equipment as well as delicate china and glassware. Up to 50 lbs. Also, you must be physically able to walk without assistance on various surfaces for an extended period of time. This position requires manual dexterity, grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, and climbing.
In the United States we are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.