Employment Type: Full-Time
The Pricing Assistant receives requests for pricing and completes the collection, organization and validation of data required for processing the request. Responsibilities include monitoring and maintaining pricing within the VIP- SRS pricing system, maintaining status information and a control log of all current and future pricing requests. Facilitates and manages the flow of communications and information between MEC and distributor partners. Acts as liaison and provides customer and field sales pricing support for pricing issues/questions. Reviews and enters pricing requests submitted by the Sales Field based on guidelines given. Perform chain analysis of new accounts and existing accounts and ensure all data is up to date. This position does require overtime during heavy influx time
Essential Job Functions:
* Ensures information in Chain Alert Database system is entered in a timely manner.
* Accurately input, maintain and communicate pricing information for key customers in VIP SRS system including daily, weekly, quarterly, and annual price change requests.
* Continually maintain working knowledge of all products, customers and pricing data specific to a customer to minimize pricing short pay exceptions.
* Facilitate resolution of all discrepancies within the system; troubleshooting with respective contacts and account owners.
* Coordinate with location and inventory contacts to ensure the accurate selling of all products and supplies.
* Respond to Field and Customer incoming calls and inquires; tracking issues, gaining authorized approval, following up where necessary and updating records.
* Enters and updates cost and retail changes.
* Processes new items alerts and authorizations upon arrival.
* Troubleshoots eligibility of products for retail customers and minimum price compliance issues.
* Research accounts to determine applicability to the chain hierarchy.
* Maintain chain information by comparing Karma Call Point with Buyer store list.
* Update recent major changes in hierarchy weekly.
* Spot check for additional Quality Control.
* Review chain/region upon request to verify accurate hierarchy designation.
* Special projects as assigned.
* Business English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
* Good understanding of costs and margins.
* Communicating clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
* Ability to read, write and understand documentation in English.
* Establish and maintaining cooperative working relationships with others.
* Providing excellent customers service with both internal and external customers.
* Accurate and timely 10 key data entry for pricing.
* Possess advanced Microsoft Office skills, including advanced Excel skills
* Proficiency in using spreadsheets to arrange, manipulate, format and prepare large amounts of information.
* Strong organizational and analytical skills; decision making and problem solving;
* High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work in group dynamics.
* Good time management skills.
* Strong multi-tasking abilities.
* Must be available to work overtime.